Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And another shift in the EDD. In the space of three weeks I've gone from 12/24-12/31, to 1/4-2/1, and now back to 12/19 - 12/31. Just as I settled into a comfort level on a January delivery that takes the tax credit decision out of my hands, Tesla jerks me back in to December, with a delivery window that is only 10 days away. Oh well. Looks like they are counting on me to meet the EOQ quotas after all. *Sigh*

ki_diamondback_aug08_02.jpg
Oh wow....you and I are just one day apart. I am crossing my fingers...maybe tomorow Is may day??

Just got installed the Wall Connector today. Cant wait to use it. My husband told me to book a test drive and bring the car home to charge lol

I went to the order page every day for the 2 weeks before I ordered (9/14) to about 3 weeks after I ordered. From what I remember, the original estimate when I first started looking was JAN but quickly changed to FEB. By the end of SEP, the delivery estimates on the order page were into APR. That means FEB and MAR sold out in about 4 weeks. As I kept watching periodically, APR and JUN sold out in 6 weeks, MAY in about 2. Not sure if this is demand fluctuation? MY build schedule vs M3, MS, MX schedule? Either way, I'm not surprised to see SEP ODs with EDDs spanning JAN-MAR.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
Model Y Long Range, Blue / Gemini / White seats, order date 9/6/2021
Slipped yesterday from Jan 10-Feb 7, now Jan 31 - Feb 28
A little annoying in that some of why I am getting a MY is because used car prices are so high - worried that more delays = lower $ given for my trade-in (2018 M3LR)
At least there doesn't seem they'll be a question about whether I delay the order to see if BBB gets passed!

So another week and a half going by since the EDD changed, and everything holding steadily.

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)

Order Date: 9/25 (at local Tesla dealer. Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (20 days after order)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (48 days since first EDD, 68 days since OD)
12/10: EDD February 14 - March 14th (8 days since latest EDD, 76 days since OD)

Looking at the Teslike Model Y spreadsheet, it looks like the AVG days to VIN is 74 days, based on the following filters I've been looking at:
  • Order Date between 8/1 & 9/30
  • Has last VIN Date
  • Model Y LR only
  • USA only
The numbers go down a bit if I put in the Oct orders in there, because as many of us know, several in the October OD thread have already started receiving VINs. Which makes me wonder how the hell any of this works, but I just like playing with numbers during lunch time I suppose

Model Y Long Range, Blue / Gemini / White seats, order date 9/6/2021
Slipped yesterday from Jan 10-Feb 7, now Jan 31 - Feb 28
A little annoying in that some of why I am getting a MY is because used car prices are so high - worried that more delays = lower $ given for my trade-in (2018 M3LR)
At least there doesn't seem they'll be a question about whether I delay the order to see if BBB gets passed!
I think it is just a matter of time before mine too regresses to February.

My EDD just slipped from 11 March - 8 April to JUNE (no date range). A month ago the EDD was mid-Feb. to mid-Mar.

My OD was 30 Sept. and that is for a MY LR, Blue ext., Black int. and no other options (i.e., std. 19" wheels, no towing, no FSD, etc.) Actually, I don't object to a June delivery (but hoping it doesn't slip beyond June) since that improves the odds a getting a refreshed version of the MY. Perhaps this will be a MY coming out of Austin with the 4680 batteries and the many other upgrades being discussed on this forum, several of which are already included in the MYs from the China gigafactory.

All you can do is roll the dice. I also decided to sell my 2018 M3LR with 34k miles a few weeks ago since I guessed that prices are peak-ish -- but who knows ? We are fortunate to have another car that carries us over until the Model Y is delivered. I received $43k from CarMax; GivemetheVIN.com was close behind at $42.6k

Reactions: Michael Y 2020