Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I provided insurance proof, added a payment account to the Tesla app, financing complete ( just need to go to the CU to collect the check) As of 1/24. Local delivery team said MYLR is on the way. It needs to get to IL and deleverage’s inspection completed. Gave a delivery appointment 2 weeks out : 2/4.
Wondering if it will be earlier?

Reactions: BGOwner
Too funny! OD: 9/8, BLK everything, NC, 13 different EDD’s. Woke up this morning to VIN and new EDD. Called Tesla and I have new chip and battery. That’s all a plus, I just want my car…lol. Cars birthday was yesterday!
I'm feeling lucky or something else. My OD is/was the same, you made me check my app and EDD still 1-15 Feb. Congrats!!

Reactions: ChefMike
Anyone on on the east side of the country fully expect EDD's to bounce around. Austin ramp up is imminent and Tesla has already established east coast cars will come from Austin.
Yes but not from Day 1. If they did that before ramp up, Eastern US would fall way behind. Maybe by Summer-Fall, after they start getting a decent number of MY being produced in Austin.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
Ive been following on here since I placed my order...and all of this EDD roulette has me paranoid!

Ive had an EDD of Jan 30 - Feb 27 since shortly after I placed my order. This morning it changed for the first time, narrowing to Feb 6 - Feb 20. SA tells me to expect delivery the week of 2/14. Everything has been steady so far, but I cant help but be nervous every time I check the app, expecting to see some crazy June date change. At this point, just hoping everything continues as smoothly as its been so far.

OD 9/28 - MYLR Blue/Black 19" no tow, no fsd.

MYLR White/White/19" | FSD/Tow: No | Ordered: 9/15/21 | VIN: No | EDD: 1/25-2/22, 2/8-2/18
wondering if a 10-day range means anything. definitely should be getting my VIN in a week or so (at least I hope...) edd change after a couple of months, finally excited to see some movement!

Yes but not from Day 1. If they did that before ramp up, Eastern US would fall way behind. Maybe by Summer-Fall, after they start getting a decent number of MY being produced in Austin.
They are mirroring what they have done in china. You underestimate how tesla will ramp production. It comes down to colors and options. Typically they start with 2 colors on the line to further simplify and churn them out. Making hot fixes and tweaks to robots.

They are mirroring what they have done in china. You underestimate how tesla will ramp production. It comes down to colors and options. Typically they start with 2 colors on the line to further simplify and churn them out. Making hot fixes and tweaks to robots.
Right, but assuming they start March 1 (hopefully we will know more tomorrow after the shareholders call) Based on Shanghai's ramp up, lets say they get out 200 cars a week for the first 4 weeks. Then they are ramping up to 1250 cars a week for Q2,, then in Q3, 2500. Pretty much, if they follow Shanghai's ramp, they will not hit full production until maybe the End of Q4. Mostly basing this off of Joe's Video. Using his Ramp up data around the 8 min mark.

Not sure how many orders they get a month, but it doesnt seem that they will be producing enough cars for Eastern US until sometime towards the end of Q2 or Early Q3. I can see them still sending some Fremont cars out through Q2. That said, I do want my car from Austin and its early Q2 EDD.

Last edited:
Ive been following on here since I placed my order...and all of this EDD roulette has me paranoid!

Ive had an EDD of Jan 30 - Feb 27 since shortly after I placed my order. This morning it changed for the first time, narrowing to Feb 6 - Feb 20. SA tells me to expect delivery the week of 2/14. Everything has been steady so far, but I cant help but be nervous every time I check the app, expecting to see some crazy June date change. At this point, just hoping everything continues as smoothly as its been so far.

OD 9/28 - MYLR Blue/Black 19" no tow, no fsd.
We have the exact same configuration. My edd is holding at Feb 8 - Feb 22. If all the blue cars are being shipped together and you're in Chicago, I'll give mine an extra few days to make its way to Boston.

Reactions: bob00
Oof. Just did my usual daily check of the EDD, and while I was in the 01/26 - 02/25 EDD range yesterday, it updated to 06/15 - 07/13 this morning.

I'm assuming it'll move again, hopefully closer. Just getting antsy, as our lease ends in May.
I feel your pain! Mine was stuck at the same
June /July range for the past week but jumped to Feb 18-Mar 18 this morning. My husband is like just stop checking it!! But I can’t help myself 🤪.

Reactions: Mathnerd103
MYLR White/White/19" | FSD/Tow: No | Ordered: 9/15/21 | VIN: No | EDD: 1/25-2/22, 2/8-2/18
wondering if a 10-day range means anything. definitely should be getting my VIN in a week or so (at least I hope...) edd change after a couple of months, finally excited to see some movement!
A ten-day range means nothing.

I've had 10-day ranges, 13- and 14-day ranges, and I've been inside the range four different times. This morning I was kicked out of my EDD range and back to a 30-day window that begins in 15 days. There is no rhyme or reason. In my opinion, It's is either incompetence or indifference, maybe both. Customer service is a real problem for Tesla and it will bite them in the backside someday.

My order date was 10 days earlier than yours, btw.