Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just submitted videos and pics to Progressive to get my car fixed. It was actually really easy and the damage does not look that bad in the daylight. Ia hoping to get a response later today and hopefully drop it off for repair thos week!

I am just praying that it gets fixed quickly. I am thinking a week tops!

Reactions: GameTheory
What should I do? Should I go somewhere that my insurance suggests?

So I just submitted videos and pics to Progressive to get my car fixed. It was actually really easy and the damage does not look that bad in the daylight. Ia hoping to get a response later today and hopefully drop it off for repair thos week!

It shouldn't take too long. No parts are required from what I can see. Otherwise it might be longer! And I am just saying from the experience I had with Tesla paint. There was no pride in their work what so ever! The picture is the 3rd attempt. See the spot???

Attachments

• 20220502_180718.jpg
    20220502_180718.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 77

Sorry this happened. Hope it gets resolved quickly so you can start enjoying your MY!

It shouldn't take too long. No parts are required from what I can see. Otherwise it might be longer! And I am just saying from the experience I had with Tesla paint. There was no pride in their work what so ever! The picture is the 3rd attempt. See the spot???
Yea no that looks like laziness.

The only thing I think is they will have to replace the door panel, the black plastic trim and the door handle. Give a quick paint and then good as new.

Insurance said it shouldn't take long because no one else was involved just a pole 🤣 Just sucks. At least I got the accident out of the way now. It was going to go into service next week anyways for the headlights so I am hoping they can just do it all at once.

The only thing I think is they will have to replace the door panel, the black plastic trim and the door handle. Give a quick paint and then good as new.

Insurance said it shouldn't take long because no one else was involved just a pole 🤣 Just sucks. At least I got the accident out of the way now. It was going to go into service next week anyways for the headlights so I am hoping they can just do it all at once.
Yeah that first ding/dent is always the worst!

Reactions: Jdizzl11

Sorry to see you had a accident. We had something minor like that on my wifes Toyota camwry and it took 3 weeks to fix because it needed a new fender. My van was struck from a passing vehicle last summer, slightly more damage than that but repairs took 2 months. Pretty sure you will need a new panel, using bondo would not be acceptable. That said my guess is 2 weeks minimum, not to be negative, but just being realistic. Good luck, hope it goes well

A quick PSA: if you live in a part of the country in which Tesla doesn’t deliver Model Y with mud flaps and shark fin PPF panels, I highly recommend buying them prior to delivery. Over the course of 200 miles on decent road (no gravel!) I got two tiny chips above the rocker panels. They’re not noticeable, but extrapolating that damage over the life of the car…

Anyway, $50 from Tesla, super easy install. Took me 20 minutes this morning.

It‘s probably time for me to sign off this thread, but I‘ll be watching to celebrate new deliveries with you. I hope that soon everyone here will have their rides!
I only ordered the mud flap.

A quick PSA: if you live in a part of the country in which Tesla doesn’t deliver Model Y with mud flaps and shark fin PPF panels, I highly recommend buying them prior to delivery. Over the course of 200 miles on decent road (no gravel!) I got two tiny chips above the rocker panels. They’re not noticeable, but extrapolating that damage over the life of the car…

Anyway, $50 from Tesla, super easy install. Took me 20 minutes this morning.

It‘s probably time for me to sign off this thread, but I‘ll be watching to celebrate new deliveries with you. I hope that soon everyone here will have their rides!
Somehow hold me back! I want to put some miles on it when I receive on Wednesday!

• Funny
Reactions: OmbreCake

See if there is a Tesla Collision center near you, they are more equipped to handle body and structural repairs vs the Service center. Collision Support | Tesla

Soo i didnt get in an accident but i broke of the welded screw hole thingy on one of the rear wheels trying to install mud flaps. I got basenor mud flaps, good looking and well made. All 3 sides went on perfectly except the one in the back. You need to unscrew one bolt at the bottom for each of the rear wheels. Apparently a very common issue. If you are installing one, go easy on the bottom screw, it snaps easily because Tesla didn't weld it really well.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jdizzl11
So an update to my accident saga.....

I was able to submit the video and pictures to Progressive online and it was SUPER easy! Now just waiting on the estimate. Thankfully there is a Tesla certified body shop in St Pete.

I just got off the phone with them and they were so nice! Once I get the estimate from Progressive, I send it to the body shop. Then I go to the body shop and they take pics and give me a timeline for repair. Then they order the parts.

Once the parts come in they call me and I bring my baby in to get fixed 😁 I think the actual repair won't take very long. It will be waiting on parts because of parts shortages. Thankfully the damage is very minor.

I do have to say this accident thing has been pretty smooth for my first time.

So an update to my accident saga.....

I was able to submit the video and pictures to Progressive online and it was SUPER easy! Now just waiting on the estimate. Thankfully there is a Tesla certified body shop in St Pete.

I just got off the phone with them and they were so nice! Once I get the estimate from Progressive, I send it to the body shop. Then I go to the body shop and they take pics and give me a timeline for repair. Then they order the parts.

Once the parts come in they call me and I bring my baby in to get fixed 😁 I think the actual repair won't take very long. It will be waiting on parts because of parts shortages. Thankfully the damage is very minor.

I do have to say this accident thing has been pretty smooth for my first time.
Sounds like easier than buying Tesla.