Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the white seat interior of the new Y. Compared to our 2021 Y, the rear motor hum frequency is a bit higher sub 35 mph; vehicle is quieter at highway speeds despite the 2021 Y also having double paned glass. Got the heated wipers and hepa filter but no matrix LEDs. The panoramic roof also appears to be more tinted than our previous roof. Our Y did not have indentations in the rear cargo plastic sides for the cargo privacy cover that’s been discussed. Not having an electric car/Tesla for two weeks was very painful, particularly with free charging at work and high gas prices. Will never go without an electric car again and am thinking about re-ordering Tesla solar to hedge against our local PUC raising admittedly low utility rates ($0.12/kWh).

Finally got my VIN this morning F453. New EDD June 7-11. So close, but so far :). Question, since my EDD is still couple weeks away do you guys add the vehicle to your insurance and complete the tasks or do you wait until it gets closer to delivery day?
My pick up is scheduled for next Monday and I will add the car to my insurance on Friday. I initiated and completed the financing process yesterday just to give myself a buffer in case of any hiccups.

I've also heard people take a cashier's check with them the day of delivery and hand it over to Tesla after they have inspected the car.

I entered my 2 week EDD yesterday. I now find I have been bumped back to mid June with a lengthened 1 month EDD. Great…
I am sorry—It is the absolute worst! I’ve been pushed more times that I can’t count. I’m still sitting at July 8th - August 18th. Hoping and crossing my fingers everyday that I will open the app to find that I have a vin or my date moves up…. Ugh. This is torture!

Finally got my VIN this morning F453. New EDD June 7-11. So close, but so far :). Question, since my EDD is still couple weeks away do you guys add the vehicle to your insurance and complete the tasks or do you wait until it gets closer to delivery day?
I had my insurance company add the Tesla to the insurance with a start date of 5/31, which she said can be easily adjusted as needed...my del appt was finally made this morning for 6/3.

So I have received two texts from Tesla since I went and spoke with them in person last night. Both texts say the same thing as what they told me at the delivery center lol. Just toying with my emotions at this point haha. They said as soon as its on its way I will get a text. So then I get 2 texts just to tell me that its still just sitting in CA. WTF

• Disagree
Reactions: Antonius138
C34D7FDF-F7A2-4B62-894E-92AEA07140A0.jpeg
2F239A24-9EE2-40BD-B923-FF155BEAC4AC.jpeg

I am not where near my EDD (sept 2022) with my OD being sept 2021.

But I want to know the procedure incase I get move up one day.

1) When you first get a vin, does it ask you for insurance and payment info right away before you get to pick a delivery date? I saw some comment about people don’t pay right away till they see the car.

2) I want to add a trade in just to see if the value is good. When I get the vin, so I contact SA and add the car in to get a quote, BEFORE I put in insurance and payment info?

3) when does the accept vin phase happen and is there any timeline how long you can accept the vin ?

Thanks

9 days since VIN and car is still sitting in Lathrop, CA. I swear they are doing everything possible to get me to cancel so they can sell my car to the next guy for $9k more. I received a text exactly a month ago saying to keep an eye out for notifications on scheduling delivery lol. A month later we are no closer.

• Disagree
Reactions: Antonius138
Love the white seat interior of the new Y. Compared to our 2021 Y, the rear motor hum frequency is a bit higher sub 35 mph; vehicle is quieter at highway speeds despite the 2021 Y also having double paned glass. Got the heated wipers and hepa filter but no matrix LEDs. The panoramic roof also appears to be more tinted than our previous roof. Our Y did not have indentations in the rear cargo plastic sides for the cargo privacy cover that’s been discussed. Not having an electric car/Tesla for two weeks was very painful, particularly with free charging at work and high gas prices. Will never go without an electric car again and am thinking about re-ordering Tesla solar to hedge against our local PUC raising admittedly low utility rates ($0.12/kWh).
I really wished they did the double rear pane windows on the rear as well. Cannot be that hard. I hope that can be upgraded. Road noise is still louder than I expected, maybe lowering the tire's psi a bit to test out. Also are there noise canceling tech in MY?