Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Serious Price FIxing SCAM new M3 Long range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Friends,
I really need your help and perspective before I have my first adult mental breakdown over the insanity I have dealt with from just placing an order for a new tessy.
Background. More than a month ago I placed a Mid range order to find out later that day they discontinued it. I have given no options I waited for a week to be matched, over the Month I called every Tesla number and every location. offering nothing. Then I was approved for pre-match 31st pricing. I reordered a car, the sales guy misquoted my price and I could not afford the newly matched car. I initially ordered was $44,500 and they matched me with a car at $49,700. huge price difference.
I then called Tampa in Florida to get an Idea of inventory, I initially ordered blue and that what I still wanted, Tampa sales member Milo, found a car Model 3 LR rear wheel drive with autopilot included for $46,500. He instructed me to cancel my previous order and place a new order Under his link. I canceled my previous order under his guidance, with pre-match 31st pricing and ordered this car.
I wait a week for delivery and vehicle prep. I placed the ordered on March 12, the pricing was confirmed and I did all the document submission and final assumption of the price at $46,500. I wake up today to confirm my car was clean and charged and ready for delivery tomorrow March 20th. To MY SHOCK the Price charged to $48,500 overnight. They said Just pay the new price that's the price today! No one will explain, salesman, Has refused all call and texts with the response I cannot assist you, how he is busy with other clients.
Please advise, Legal action can I force the sale at agreed upon pricing.
Is this even legal??
Price change the day before the car is to be picked up!
Please help I really want this car.

Attachments

• orderagreement_Blocked.pdf
    89.8 KB · Views: 126
  • PriceSCAMPRoofblocked.png
    PriceSCAMPRoofblocked.png
    597.9 KB · Views: 164
I would say that because you have that price in an formal purchase agreement they really need to honor it. Ask to speak with the manager at the store and continue to elevate your issue up the chain until you get it resolved. Another forum poster had the same situation and eventually got Tesla to honor the price. There was a glitch in the system where it showed that the SR and LR RWD models included Autopilot in the price when they did not. The price with Auto Pilot is $47,500 but at this point I think they have to honor it since it’s in your agreement.

...$48,500 overnight...

Would you please click on "View Build Details" to see where is the additional $2,000 increase is from.

I am not a lawyer but I don't think a company can increase your price once you've received your "Motor Vehicle Order Agreement Vehicle Configuration".

Is there another higher priced "Motor Vehicle Order Agreement Vehicle Configuration" around there in your e-mail or on your account page?

The attached Terms & Conditions only allows flexibility for prices that are not listed "Because these taxes and fees are constantly changing".

If Tesla is not cooperative, I guess you will have to exercise the Agreement to Arbitrate clause.

If Tesla is pointing to fluctuations with "Taxes & Fees" - i think that is a garbage argument. True - taxes do change, but (in my opinion) - not frequently enough, nor to the degree required to change the price as much as you are seeing.

Your attached order agreement's redaction of your name, phone number, e-mail address, and order number can be removed from the PDF and it's possible to see your personal information. You may wish to remove that document.

OK guys I'm making the 150 miles drive to Tampa dealer in the morning and hope out of decency and integrity and legality they offer the prices I've been given. Also a shame to put 300 miles on my trade in turn around and be rejected, also losing the value of the trade in. I have a CarMax quote now 10 days old due to Tesla delayed delivery of the car.
WIsh me luck guys. If it were not for you I would have given up.

I also changed cars after ordering. The day before delivery the price on my tesla account was showing incorrectly. In the morning I talked to the delivery people and they said just to bring in everything and it would be fixed when I got there.

Logged in to check the account and it was fixed. No idea if it was done locally, or if their computer automatically realized the mistake. Either way, I showed up, signed 6 pieces of paper and was out with the car in a couple mins.

Reactions: 3Sweet
...Retailers are protected against mispricing errors...

Consumer rights in disputes with retailers

The sign in the store says the computer printer is $2.49, but it rang up at $249. Saying it was an error, the store is refusing to honor the posted price.

The law

It's generally a myth that retailers must honor a posted price if it's simply a mistake, although some stores might do so as a matter of policy or on a case-by-case basis. The issue gets murky if the retailer begins processing the order, something that is more likely to happen online, says Jane Winn, a professor at the University of Washington Law School. But even then, she says, a merchant might be able to cancel the purchase if the price was so low that a buyer should have known it was mistake. An online retailer's fine print may relieve it of the duty to fulfill orders based on pricing errors.

You should know
Businesses that intentionally post false prices or that otherwise engage in bait-and-switch pricing can be liable under federal and state consumer-protection statutes.

--------------------

Tesla "Motor Vehicle Order Agreement Vehicle Configuration" forgot to put in a fine print on the listed prices. It only has fine prints on unlisted prices such as taxes and registration fees.

Tesla "Motor Vehicle Order Agreement Vehicle Configuration" forgot to put in a fine print on the listed prices. It only has fine prints on unlisted prices such as taxes and registration fees.

Not directed at you but general vent:

The ones with any brain and business sense can compare the off menu configuration with online configuration and appropriately analyze what is reasonable value.

If you want to hold Tesla’s feet to the fire and try to strong arm them into honoring a pricing mistake - it’s your right to do so.

Just don’t play the cheated victim and cry scam. They can refund the deposit, no harm, no tort.

Then what? Buying a Bolt?

Reactions: VQTRVA and bhzmark

The sign in the store says the computer printer is $2.49, but it rang up at $249. Saying it was an error, the store is refusing to honor the posted price.

This is a good point. But we aren't talking this wide of a difference.

$2.49 vs $249.00 is way different than $240 vs $249.00. The amount difference is significant here.

Consumers don't owe anything back to the product maker.

Stores can't be allowed to get away with mislabeling their prices, they could decide to do it everyday.

Would you continually be okay with prices riningig up incorrectly, after deciding to purchase based on the price you saw on the shelf?

Reactions: 3Sweet
This is a good point. But we aren't talking this wide of a difference.

$2.49 vs $249.00 is way different than $240 vs $249.00. The amount difference is significant here.

Consumers don't owe anything back to the product maker.

Stores can't be allowed to get away with mislabeling their prices, they could decide to do it everyday.

Would you continually be okay with prices riningig up incorrectly, after deciding to purchase based on the price you saw on the shelf?

246.51 per day or per week makes all the difference on if a mom and pop can keep their store open or not.

I found the guy who doesn’t run a business.

31908D53-700B-431D-A5EF-A500A46B06EE.jpeg

Why do people think Tesla should be a charity????

Last edited: