Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service blew me off??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious what to do. I had a quick service appointment scheduled at my house for a trim piece on my model 3 door today at 8:30-10:30. I received an email last Friday saying I was the first appointment Monday morning. It’s now noon and nobody has contacted me or shown up. Does this happen often? Should I be trying to call someone at Tesla? Any thoughts on how to proceed would be appreciated!

seems to be happening a lot lately. there was another thread about something similar last week, and i just had them email me for an appointment that was supposed to be tomorrow and tell me mobile service isn't available for my problem, and then book me for an appointment at a SC an hour away for wednesday afternoon (because people can just change their plans two days out when the SC is an hour away). oh, and this is for a problem that was on my last service appointment that they couldn't figure out how to fix, so i had to take the car home and make another appointment to spend another 4 hours in the car to get it fixed.

highly annoyed with tesla service lately.

Happens often, but usually they tell you it happened.

I had 3 previously-confirmed HW3 appointments cancelled night before via text for lack of parts for example- 4th one finally didn't get cancelled (months after the original when they finally got parts in I guess)

Also had a confirmed-the-night-before appointment for 8:30 AM the next day cancelled via text at 8:15 AM day-of because the actual tech was working in another city a couple hours away and didn't know why they had scheduled him for my place nowhere near where all his other jobs were that day- in that case the tech himself rescheduled it for a week later- and showed up no problem.

He told me the dispatcher was mad at him for having told me the truth about the scheduling mistake and the dispatcher had wanted him to instead tell me he'd gotten a flat tire or something on way to my place as why he had to reschedule.

It may vary by service department, but here they usually send a text if something changes.

Unfortunately they have my landline in their system...

So, once they had to reschedule and texted me, but I of course heard nothing. They apologized and came out the next day.

Ok it’s all good. The mobile service guy texted me and apologized as he read his schedule incorrectly and headed out the opposite direction this morning. Very nice guy and I appreciate that he could just say he made a mistake. These things do happen. Now if I start seeing patterns in the future..... well let’s hope it’s just a simple Monday morning fubar! Been there done that!! Car is perfect now so in the end I’m happy!

Ok it’s all good. The mobile service guy texted me and apologized as he read his schedule incorrectly and headed out the opposite direction this morning. Very nice guy and I appreciate that he could just say he made a mistake. These things do happen. Now if I start seeing patterns in the future..... well let’s hope it’s just a simple Monday morning fubar! Been there done that!! Car is perfect now so in the end I’m happy!

So *sugar* happens but now we have another thread so people can bash Tesla.

Ask yourself why the first thing you did over what in the end was a simple error that was rectified and resolved with you being happy was to post a thread title on a high traffic social media forum entitled "Service blew me off??".

I agree with traxila. I see so many posts complaining of virtually nothing, and rather than call the service center, or Tesla, they have to post here with a complaint. Sure, it's exactly what happened, but how about all those other times when everything goes perfectly? First thing one does is post? No. It's only the times when someone thinks they've been mis-handled.

In my experience, with over 200,000 miles on three Teslas, I could count on one hand the times I needed service: the cars hardly ever ever ever need service in the first place. Then, service is done correctly. Once I had Tesla offer to send a tech out to my place, but a day later they'd looked at a map, I guess, and texted again, "You're too far away. You'll need to bring it in." I never thought of posting.

But today, heck, I'll make an exception. Now if only I could think of a catchy title!

Because that’s exactly what occurred. Why get you undies in a bunch over facts being stated as they happened? Silly me I guess only perfect experiences should be posted on user forums. My bad. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me your rules for this forum

dra·ma queen
noun
informal
noun: drama queen; plural noun: drama queens

a person who habitually responds to situations in a melodramatic way.

The problem is when people post a "Click Bait" title, and the end result turns out to be no big deal.

Then other news feeds pick up on the title and repost it in several well read and heavily distributed (like redit) forums. People with bad intentions towards Tesla (shorts) jump on these misleading headlines to portray Tesla in a bad light.

Few negative posters even fail to go back and edit their click bait posts when Tesla ends up doing a great job. Posters often do not post a correction, except even well down in the thread.

Having Tesla dispatch a mobile service ranger to address a trim piece is a level of service unatainable from any other auto manufacturer I am aware of...

No matter, guess in this case the OP has no interest in changing the strong perception of disappointment in his title.