Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center and/or Supercharger - Signal Hill, CA (Long Beach area)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Moderator note: The first 27 posts on this thread were moved from a thread regarding the Long Beach, CA Supercharger. When the exact nature of this Tesla location becomes clear, the thread will be renamed and/or relocated accordingly.

Not a bad location highway wise. Renovations are underway

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ddt3

Not a bad location highway wise. Renovations are underway

YES.

Not only is there a ton of land is Signal Hill. It's right off the 405 and 5-10 min from 710, 605 and 22 freeways.

Best part is it will be the closest one then for me.

Article is unclear if Telsa is only putting in a Superchagrer or perhaps also a service center or pickup store. This is after all an older Nissan dealership and a good size lot for only a Supercharger.

Last edited:
YES.

Not only is there a ton of land is Signal Hill. It's right off the 405 and 5-10 min from 710, 605 and 22 freeways.

Best part is it will be the closest one then for me.

Article is unclear if Telsa is only putting in a Superchagrer or perhaps also a service center or pickup store. This is after all an older Nissan dealership and a good size lot for only a Supercharger.
I can’t find anything indicating a supercharger on that article. Definitely sounds like a service center although that could include superchargers on site like Dublin or Seaside so it could be that too.

I can’t find anything indicating a supercharger on that article. Definitely sounds like a service center although that could include superchargers on site like Dublin or Seaside so it could be that too.

Partly speculation on my part. Long Beach SuperCharger location has been promised for years. Signal Hill is surround by Long Beach and used to be Long Beach many, many years back. It’s also not uncommon for businesses in the area to state they are in Long Beach when officially in Signal Hill.

I also can’t see them building a service center or delivery center without at least a handful of SuperChargers, especially since the Nissan dealer was already wired with some chargers for Leaf owners. Not that they wouldn’t tear that out and move elsewhere on the lot; or eliminate entirely.

Actually the article does.

“ The City has already approved its redesign plans—including new interior finishes and lighting, new furniture, new signage and new electric vehicle (EV) charging stations in the parking lot.”

Actually the article does.

“ The City has already approved its redesign plans—including new interior finishes and lighting, new furniture, new signage and new electric vehicle (EV) charging stations in the parking lot.”
Well not necessarily. Attached are photos of the brand new sales/service center in Glendale Arizona. They specifically stated there that superchargers would not be added at their service center due to concerns for traffic/congestion with a lot of in and out traffic associated with SuC in general. You can see the many EVSEs in the parking lot which is what the article may be referring to at this location. Of course I am only speculating but sure hope I am wrong!

Attachments

• IMG-20210904-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20210904-WA0012.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 597
  • IMG-20210904-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20210904-WA0013.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG-20210904-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20210904-WA0011.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 125
Interestingly the (long promised) Long Beach SuperCharger is Q2 2022 which is pretty close in timing to this new article. While Long Beach is big enough to support two Tesla locations, one just a SuperCharger and (perhaps) one a Service Center.

We’ll see what transpires in the coming weeks and years.

This is an area I pass regularly so I’ll keep thread updated with visible updates.

I was going to mention Buena Park as an example as well but stopped short since a lot of people complain that the SuperCharger are often plugged in with Cars at the service center so not always easily available like a standalone SuperCharger.

I’ve long been championing Long Beach as a central and multiple freeway accessible area in the middle of a Tesla dead zone.

It would make more sense to use wall chargers inside the service center.

It would yes. And perhaps they do as well. I can’t really explain it. I’ve only been there once and never inside the service bay.

But the charged they have outside are limited as you’ve mentioned. That might be enough to point me to other locations. But read through the reviews at various places and people mention often that chargers are few. Often with cars for people not there to charge. Sometimes they ask inside if they can have a car moved so they can charge. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I generally avoid Brea and Buena Park.

Cerritos and Torrance is where I do nearly all of my LA/OC charging.

I live about three blocks from this location. Still no activity at the site. The work being done on the street is for a sewage project and not related to this work, btw. Anyone have any updates?

As to I; up on the hill. How funny.

Everything I saw about the road work on Cherry and Spring was gas pipes.

Are they doing sewer as well ?

I've see no Tesla related work going on.

I drove by the site today and there wasn’t even any point of taking photos as literally nothing has changed with the Dec 7th photos.

The dirt piles, caution tape, pipe / conduit, and everything else are all literally untouched in the last 6 weeks.

My free supercharger miles all expire in mid 2023 so hopefully they get this place up and running soon.

I drove by the site today and there wasn’t even any point of taking photos as literally nothing has changed with the Dec 7th photos.

The dirt piles, caution tape, pipe / conduit, and everything else are all literally untouched in the last 6 weeks.

My free supercharger miles all expire in mid 2023 so hopefully they get this place up and running soon.
Was there a 2-year free supercharging promo in mid 2021?

Was there a 2-year free supercharging promo in mid 2021?

No, I racked up so many referrals before the program transitioned that eventually my expire date capped out in mid 2023. 3+ years out in my case.

Not to mention with the pandemic and limited activities / travel + my job being moved to 100% work from home I drive much less.

Funny thing is my work moved to a scratch built new building with unlimited free charging right as the pandemic started and I moved to work from home.

So, no local Supercharger and no free work charging - soooo.... my free Supercharging is sitting idle while I charge from home on my dime for time being.

No, I racked up so many referrals before the program transitioned that eventually my expire date capped out in mid 2023. 3+ years out in my case.

Not to mention with the pandemic and limited activities / travel + my job being moved to 100% work from home I drive much less.

Funny thing is my work moved to a scratch built new building with unlimited free charging right as the pandemic started and I moved to work from home.

So, no local Supercharger and no free work charging - soooo.... my free Supercharging is sitting idle while I charge from home on my dime for time being.
Too bad we can't just gift the miles so they don't expire.