TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Service Center - Cherry Hill

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by jaguar36, Mar 7, 2017.

1. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Cherry Hill just approved plans to open a service center by the end of the year!

This is great news for anyone in Philly or South Jersey.

• Like x 8
  2. Nitramoh

Nitramoh Member

Does anyone know the current status of this?

3. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

I haven't driven past it in a week or two, but last time I did nothing was happening. I'm wondering if the deal fell through for some reason, or if Tesla has decided that its going to go with more mobile setups and not expand the service center network.

Regardless, its very disappointing.

4. socbrian

socbrian Member

• Like x 1
  5. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Drove by a few days ago, no signs of activity.

6. johnx

johnx Member

Any updates on this service center? I am expecting delivery in February or March and it would be much more convenient to pick up at this location.

7. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

They just recently started doing construction on it. Looks like they are making some progress, but I doubt it will be done by March, probably closer to May/June.

• Informative x 1
  8. johnx

johnx Member

Had a SolarCity person come out yesterday to install a charger and he said that it's "supposed" to open in March.

9. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Seems highly unlikely, drove by yesterday and it doesn't look like anything has even been done in the last month.

10. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Same here. I drove-by yesterday. There are orange cones in the driveway and what looks like garage bay doors on the side boarded-up. If I recall, it was exactly the same a few weeks ago when I rode-by. Inside is basically empty with nothing going on. Hmm.

11. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

25FEDB8F-5AC3-45EE-93A9-EBD9557FF699.jpeg Drove by today and it looks like they are hard at work now, making good progess. Probably be a few more months though.

• Like x 1
  12. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

Anyone know if there will be a SuperCharger there?

13. skidme

skidme Member

Just got an email inviting me to a grand opening reception on March 15th... check your emails.

14. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Wow, they look nowhere near ready for a grand opening in a week.

Doubt there will be a public supercharger there, it would be a terrible location for one. There is one listed as coming soon in Mt. Laurel, which would make a lot more sense.

15. ViviV

ViviV Member

Received the email and RSVP'd yes. Do you think it will be a store and service center? Hopefully we won't need to continue driving out to Devon PA for service.

16. skidme

skidme Member

Fingers crossed! Although Devon has great service, driving out there has always been a pain!
    I'm hopeful there will be at least a couple of superchargers out here too.

17. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Yes its a store and service center. I've not seen any evidence of a supercharger, and it seems quite unlikely that they would put one in here, its a terrible location for one. There also wasn't anything in the plans submitted to the town about a supercharger.

18. ViviV

ViviV Member

I have not personally gone to check it out recently, but someone posted in the SJ EV Club Facebook page that they saw evidence of superchargers to the right rear of the parking lot when you pull in. I have no other confirmation of this. I was there when it was a furniture store and that lot is very small and hard to maneuver in -- you can also see how small it is from Google Maps. I don't know how they will manage new cars, service cars, visitors, and superchargers unless they also have another remote lot. Even for the Grand Opening, where will everyone park? There is no street parking.
    @jaguar36 and @skidme -- will you be going to the event? If yes, see you there.

19. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Agreed. Definitely great service there. It's 40 miles from me but takes 1:15+ to get there with traffic. I'm very much looking forward to Cherry Hill opening.

20. ViviV

ViviV Member

@jaguar36 In this screen shot of a portion of the picture of the plans that was posted on Facebook it says proposed high power charging on the right of the driveway as you go in.

upload_2018-3-7_21-40-42.png

• Informative x 2