Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SERVICE CENTER KEYLESS ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time using service center and they don’t require a key or phone ?. Apparently once you’re scheduled for service, the scanner puts your phone on service mode and unlocks your car. How cool is that, is this new ?

First time using service center and they don’t require a key or phone ?. Apparently once you’re scheduled for service, the scanner puts your phone on service mode and unlocks your car. How cool is that, is this new ?

I saw that last spring. Don’t think they are using your phone however, I was well out of blue tooth range and a couple of walls between me and my car. Some leave the car overnight.

Upvote 0
As part of their contactless service, after payment and completing the process, I could not unlock my car using the Tesla app. The app said "Unlock failed". I had to go into the service center where they made some change using their app, after which I could get in. I'm glad the SC was still open. Why isn't this unlocking after going through the checkout automated?

Upvote 0
Did it happen when u drove away from service center. I think they only have control within the geo fence perimeter. Once u drive away everything should be accessible.
If you are replying to my comment, I could not drive away because I could not unlock my car to get into it. When I went inside, and after waiting for someone to be available to help me, then they entered something on their computer and I was able to get in.

Upvote 0