Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Wilmington, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard today from two unnamed sources that Delaware was getting a Tesla Service Center north of the Christiana Mall and it could open as soon as Sept 1, 2019. One of the sources said it was an old Tire Center garage. I searched the web and found the TESLA INC business license and business address at:

Search Delaware Business Licenses

I searched for Tesla and picked TESLA INC. It shows two records. The second record is listed as TESLA INC, MOTOR VEHICLE DEALER. This is the Gallery at the Christiana Mall at 32 CHRISTIANA MALL SPC 1401, NEWARK DE. The first record is listed as TESLA INC, PERSONAL SERVICES-MOTOR VEHICLE SVCS. The address is listed as:

600 First State BLVD
Wilmington DE 19804

Google Map Location

I believe this is where the new Delaware Tesla Service Center will be located. When I googled the address, the business was listed as "Tire Sales & Service". The website listed for that business is http://www.itiresales.com and does not open. I will try the phone number tomorrow during the day. I got voicemail when I called tonight. It does answer for Tire Sales & Service. Hopefully Tire Sales & Service can verify they are no longer at that site and maybe if Tesla is moving in. As I stated above, one of my sources said it was an old Tire Center so this must be the location. This is awesome news if it's true. Google maps states it is 8 minutes north of the Christiana Mall on DE 7 to DE 4 and 4.2 miles from the Christiana Mall. Pictures of the site are on Tire Sales & Service Facebook page at:

Tire Sales and Service Facebook

There are at least 6 very tall service bays in the picture.

Now that’s some positive news. From what I heard and apparently heard only from the informal talk with Christiana Mall Tesla gallery employees that Tesla will never be able to sell directly in Delaware due to state laws currently in effect prohibiting direct manufacturer sales. But just a service center only could be a positive thing for state residents. Doesn’t look like this will be a location that can do future sales/delivery just by virtue of being inside and not a prominent location.

Service center is likely to cover a large swath of owners from Salisbury, MD/DE beaches to Claymont, DE to small swath of SE PA/Northern MD/Southern tip of NJ.

If you have to pay to get stuff done from Tesla..... NO SALES TAX. That’s the best part. I will stop by this week or next to see any nefarious activity going on at the location. The location owner is Gene Associates from NCC land records so a lease makes sense.

Welcome change from lugging myself to Devon which is atleast hour away without traffic.

Last edited:
I called Tire Sales & Service and they confirmed they are moving out soon and that Tesla was moving in pending paperwork.

Thats great news and very good for Tesla owners in Delaware in general. Hopefully it’s a full service center with Tesla rentals as well.

I will keep on checking once in a while as well to see what activity is going on.

That would be great. In regards to the loaners, I never thought about that since they are only a service center. In California, one of the locations was giving $100/day Uber credit and did away with Enterprise loaners. The link is below. I doubt the Gallery at the Christiana Mall would provide loaners.

Service Center and NO Loaners - Only Uber

Would be nice if they could just build some base level 3's for loaners. Coming from Magnolia, an uber from Devon or even wilmington to back home would be more than $100.

That would be great. In regards to the loaners, I never thought about that since they are only a service center. In California, one of the locations was giving $100/day Uber credit and did away with Enterprise loaners. The link is below. I doubt the Gallery at the Christiana Mall would provide loaners.

Service Center and NO Loaners - Only Uber

I had an issue with my car and dropped at Devon center couple of weeks back. They gave me Model S 85D loaner. I guess it depends on the inventory of available vehicles, expected days For fix and center location itself.

I spoke with someone from the previous business that was located where the Tesla service center will be located. She said they have moved out and took all the lifts with them to their new location. She said Tesla is currently renovating the building for their needs. A Devon employee informed me today they hope to have it open by the end of 2019.

They are actually shooting for end of October. Will be a big base for mobile service as well.

I am going to Devon on Tue to fix issues I noticed during/post delivery. Will save me so much time. Service Center in Delaware feels like a walk compared to hike to Devon.

I will stop by one of these days just for the kick of it and see what’s going on. This is so near.

Great work on the lookup Drew! I was at the service center in Devon yesterday and talking to one of the reps there about the Delaware center. She mentioned all she knew was near Wilmington and off of Route 4. Glad to see someone dug deep and figured it out. I even took Route 4 to work today trying to figure out where it might be and that was the only spot that made sense.

Side note - I was at the service center because a couple of bolts had fallen off the bottom of my Model 3. Make sure you guys take a look under there, apparently anything coming out of the last two quarters of 2018 had torquing issues on the bolts that hold the trays on underneath and they've been vibrating off.

Location: 600 First State Blvd, Wilmington, DE 19804 2017-09-12.jpg