Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Codes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All! Wondering if any of you have had any of these and know what they mean and if they are easy fixes or will cost significant $$$. I seem to be having trouble finding them online and have no idea what to expect. I need to know if I just go on for my MCU2 upgrade next week whether I should be worried about and extra $1k or 2 in unforeseen repairs.

Attachments

• 20230823_113340.jpg
    20230823_113340.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 101
You're going to see various codes popping up in service mode. It's normal. The ones you have to worry about are the ones that are constantly alerting you on your dash or the main screen without going into service mode. Service mode is constantly logging codes. Are those codes coming up even though you are out of service mode?

My recommendation is to keep $3-5k around as a Tesla-emergency-fund. $10k is probably better if you can swing it.

Reactions: MdlSP100D'16
Hey All! Wondering if any of you have had any of these and know what they mean and if they are easy fixes or will cost significant $$$. I seem to be having trouble finding them online and have no idea what to expect. I need to know if I just go on for my MCU2 upgrade next week whether I should be worried about and extra $1k or 2 in unforeseen repairs.
Hi, regarding the radLeft + Right shutters, if they're not broken, stucked or any other way damaged, this might help. Nevertheless my rad louvers are still throwing the errors, I think it is caused they're in fact very sporadically used. Maybe after first attempt to use them the fault might disappear.
About the rest faults I'm not sure, but seems it's all connected with some actuators

Reactions: MdlSP100D'16
You're going to see various codes popping up in service mode. It's normal. The ones you have to worry about are the ones that are constantly alerting you on your dash or the main screen without going into service mode. Service mode is constantly logging codes. Are those codes coming up even though you are out of service mode?

My recommendation is to keep $3-5k around as a Tesla-emergency-fund. $10k is probably better if you can swing it.
hahaha I already have started saving some. I am hoping that the car can give me a year or two beforehand so I can accumulate a nice savings pot for Tesla Emergencies hahah.

Hi, regarding the radLeft + Right shutters, if they're not broken, stucked or any other way damaged, this might help. Nevertheless my rad louvers are still throwing the errors, I think it is caused they're in fact very sporadically used. Maybe after first attempt to use them the fault might disappear.
About the rest faults I'm not sure, but seems it's all connected with some actuators
Ahhh yes I had service tech remotely run diagnostics and so when I go in next week for MCU2 he said it did look like something with the AC was messing up and wants to check it out. Fingers crossed nothing crazy haha.

Ahhh yes I had service tech remotely run diagnostics and so when I go in next week for MCU2 he said it did look like something with the AC was messing up and wants to check it out. Fingers crossed nothing crazy haha.
Yep, I think he will run Thermal tests as first and see what is wrong. But for those shutters it's good to try the calibration process. But keep in mind, after the calibration the car needs to "use" them to erase the faults. At least, that's my theory haha :D Fingers crossed ;)