Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service frustrations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a CPO Model S 3 weeks ago. Drove it to VA and back and it was amazing. I love the car.

But then, we got hit with a lot of cold weather here....

on the 31st, I received a low coolant error while about a mile from home. I got home, put the car in its spot and plugged it in. My local service center was closed, so I left a voicemail.

The next morning, I noted a puddle of blue coolant in the driveway, and the battery had not charged overnight. At that point, I called Roadside Assistance, since I'm smart enough to know those 2 symptoms together mean I shouldn't drive it. Since it was New Years Day, we scheduled pickup for 10am on the 2nd. The guy showed up on time, and was courteous and pleasant.

And then everything went downhill.

While in the Watertown, MA Service Center, it was determined that I needed a new Drive Unit. HOW? The car passed the "rigid" CPO process 3 weeks ago.

So it sat Tuesday while they sourced the part. They had it sourced by late afternoon Tuesday. And then.........nothing. Thanks to Tesla technology, I can tell you within 3 meters' accuracy that my car has not moved from its parking spot since Tuesday morning.

When I've called (oh....I've called them...not once have they reached out to me), the guy behind the counter assured me they were working on it......today when I called, I decided to get a little pushy.

The car now won't be ready until MONDAY (even though they're open until 6 tonight, and another 4 hours tomorrow), and only today was I offered a loaner.

And the loaner? a F---N Nissan Maxima. Are you F-ing kidding me?

The guy on the phone seemed absolutely flabbergasted that anyone would challenge him. But I've been given the runaround/blatantly lied to about my car for the last 4 days, with not even the hint of "oh hey, we could give you a loaner".....and you know, it's about 5 degrees outside right now.

So, for all of you Tesla Veterans......is there a magical phrase to get things done when you call? Is there a way to escalate and expedite this process, or am I just human garbage because my Tesla is used?

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I can't speak to the delays in parts sourcing or the repair itself (it's quite possible other repairs took priority over yours) but the lack of communication is not acceptable. Also, you should have been offered a loaner immediately. They're not always Tesla loaners but your in-warranty car broke down and a loaner is absolutely part of the repair process.

I would expedite the matter to the senior person at the repair center and see if that helps.

I can't speak to the delays in parts sourcing or the repair itself (it's quite possible other repairs took priority over yours) but the lack of communication is not acceptable. Also, you should have been offered a loaner immediately. They're not always Tesla loaners but your in-warranty car broke down and a loaner is absolutely part of the repair process.

I would expedite the matter to the senior person at the repair center and see if that helps.

I spoke with them before posting this.

I did eventually get a Chevy Impala loaner....but the Tesla rep didn't even key it in correctly. He put me in for $50 max instead of $50/day.

Sooooooo I called to get that fixed, and voicemail. I guess if Enterprise doesn't show up wanting their car back tomorrow, it got taken care of, because I've conditioned myself to not expect a call from my Service Center.