TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Service in Michigan

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by MichFin, Nov 30, 2015.

1. MichFin

MichFin Member

Anyone in Michigan have service recently? Reading about the long wait times gives me service anxiety even though I haven't needed any service. Also, When I first got my car they came out to my house to fix a minor issue with the door mirror. Have they done away with service at your location?

2. Jim MacInnes

Jim MacInnes Member

I live up near Traverse City and had my first service in October. They came up with a Tesla loaner on a flat bed truck dropped it off and took my Model S down to Cleveland for service. Three days later they returned it to my business parking lot ready to go. It was a very positive experience. They suggested a two week notice to schedule the service.

3. MichFin

MichFin Member

There were talks of creating a service station in Detroit but haven't heard anything about it since. I don't know if that stupid law banning direct sales is the reason why. Michigan lawmakers are bought and paid for.

4. timf

timf Member

Tesla still shows Detroit Service as "Coming Soon", but current law does prohibit company-owned service centers. I do think third-party Tesla authorized service centers are going to come sooner rather than later (well before franchised dealerships) simply for the reason that Tesla already has a very difficult time keeping up with the service demand and they aren't building new centers nearly as fast as they are selling cars.

5. tomsModelS

tomsModelS Member

My experience is exactly like Jim's ... Last month I needed the car to go to Boston in a week and Cleveland sent a truck with a loaner, picked up mine and fixed a couple of things in Cleveland. I got the car back the day before my trip. Very good experience.

as an aside, I learned that Tesla stores 5 or 6 loaners in a Farmington Hills storage facility, just a mile or so from my home