Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service in southern Oregon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DEMitchel

AWD White 2020 born 27 Dec 2019
May 18, 2019
Oregon
I live in Jacksonville, close by Medford and Ashland in southern Oregon. Would like to hear about owners' experience on service in this area, as we are close to 300 miles to Portland/Beaverton service center and similar distance to Bay Area or Rocklin service center in California.

Don't personally have any experience here but just want to share that I drove through southern Oregon last weekend and it was just gorgeous. I found tons of charging options, many I was unaware of, which was a very pleasant surprise :) Traveled from Grants Pass>Gold Hill>White City on the way to Klamath Falls.

Reactions: goneskiian
Don't personally have any experience here but just want to share that I drove through southern Oregon last weekend and it was just gorgeous. I found tons of charging options, many I was unaware of, which was a very pleasant surprise :) Traveled from Grants Pass>Gold Hill>White City on the way to Klamath Falls.
Totally true. Glad you enjoyed it. On the down side, we have considerable fire and smoke risk, same as coastal and sierra northern California.

I live in Jacksonville, close by Medford and Ashland in southern Oregon. Would like to hear about owners' experience on service in this area, as we are close to 300 miles to Portland/Beaverton service center and similar distance to Bay Area or Rocklin service center in California.

I was looking on Tesla's maps for Service Centers and I noticed there is one in Chico, CA. I don't remember seeing this one on the map before .....

Anyone know how to actually schedule a mobile service visit? I'm in Eugene and anytime I schedule a visit on the app it prompts me with the Portland SC. Seems silly to drive all the way up for the turn signal fix when there's a service guy local.

Anyone know how to actually schedule a mobile service visit? I'm in Eugene and anytime I schedule a visit on the app it prompts me with the Portland SC. Seems silly to drive all the way up for the turn signal fix when there's a service guy local.
I think kind of same way as ours works, but it is kind of confusing how it looks in the app. I live in Boise, and we have a service ranger who lives here, but when I go to request a service appointment, it's saying it will be at the Salt Lake City service center, 340 miles away. Just go through with it, but mention ranger service preferred, and when they get the request, they will call back or text and switch it to a ranger visit.

I thought I'd resurrect this thread with a bit of recent experience.

We moved to Talent, OR 2.5 years ago, and discovered ourselves far from the nearest Tesla service center. In that time, we've had mobile service out to visit twice, once out of Portland and once out of Bend. One time we had work done in Chico, CA--not close, but we scheduled it on our way home from a visit to the Bay Area, so it wasn't too bad. And we just got our car back from its most painful (dead MCU) service yet; it had to be towed to Bend. At least Bend opened as a service center instead of just a mobile service home base last December or so.

Anyway, while I was in Bend, I made the point that Bend is pretty inconvenient for those of us in the Rogue Valley, and wouldn't it be nice if there were a service center in Ashland or Medford (or Talent--we could use the business). The service advisor said Medford is on the way, but he didn't have specifics. No idea whether it'll also be a show room (like Bend) or just service (like Chico).

Anyway, that's what I know!

Reactions: DEMitchel
I thought I'd resurrect this thread with a bit of recent experience.

We moved to Talent, OR 2.5 years ago, and discovered ourselves far from the nearest Tesla service center. In that time, we've had mobile service out to visit twice, once out of Portland and once out of Bend. One time we had work done in Chico, CA--not close, but we scheduled it on our way home from a visit to the Bay Area, so it wasn't too bad. And we just got our car back from its most painful (dead MCU) service yet; it had to be towed to Bend. At least Bend opened as a service center instead of just a mobile service home base last December or so.

Anyway, while I was in Bend, I made the point that Bend is pretty inconvenient for those of us in the Rogue Valley, and wouldn't it be nice if there were a service center in Ashland or Medford (or Talent--we could use the business). The service advisor said Medford is on the way, but he didn't have specifics. No idea whether it'll also be a show room (like Bend) or just service (like Chico).

Anyway, that's what I know!
All true. Meanwhile, just to add insult to injury, the competition in various levels of quality and price, VW, BMW, Toyota/Subaru, Nissan, Kia and Hyundai, Ford, Chevrolet and Mercedes dealerships are all local and offer EVs and service. Only Porsche is as far as Tesla for service or sales, also in Bend, Oregon.

All true. Meanwhile, just to add insult to injury, the competition in various levels of quality and price, VW, BMW, Toyota/Subaru, Nissan, Kia and Hyundai, Ford, Chevrolet and Mercedes dealerships are all local and offer EVs and service. Only Porsche is as far as Tesla for service or sales, also in Bend, Oregon.
Exactly. Our recent MCU failure—and the distant service—suddenly had us doubting Tesla and noting that there's Ford just down the road about two miles from our house. Makes the Mach-E attractive as a possible replacement. :)