Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service plan if on 3-year lease?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got our 70D 57 days ago (so 3 days left to decide whether to get a service plan!) and am planning to replace it at the end of our 3-year lease. By my simple math, since we won't need the year-3 service appt, the service plan isn't worth it, since we would only spend $400 + $700 for the 2 annual inspections we would get (and can rotate the tires for ~$30 at a tire place).

Anything I'm missing? Any reason to get the service plan even though it seems that it would end up costing more than we'd spend otherwise?

Thanks for any/all advice!

I'm in the same boat and had a similar thought process. I did not end up buying a service plan. This decision was easier because at the time, only the 4 year service plan was available - obviously a poor value for a 3 year lease where the 3rd and 4th services may not be in play.

After I did the first annual service (about $550 with an alignment), I felt it was relatively poor value. The comprehensive inspection did not uncover any items to be remedied, and the service center did not resolve the handful of minor annoyances I pointed out.

So I don't plan on taking it in for subsequent service. I'll change the fob batteries, cabin filter, and wipers as needed. The loaner was fun, but not $400 fun.

• Informative
Reactions: Soundchasr