Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service question; how to charge AC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible that running the "Test HVAC Performance" counts as a commissioning routine? I will try to go have the shop fill the refrigerant and will try that operation. Right now it finishes with "FAIL" but I'm guessing perhaps if it finishes with a "PASS" that will count as commissioning being completed?
hvac.jpg

Both the condensers on my 2015 S P90D broke recently after close to 5 years and 75k miles (119 000km). Took it to the local service center as I suspected that there only had to be made a refill of coolant gas, and an easy fix. The service center concluded that both condensers had corroded (lots of salt on roads in winter probably caused it), causing a leak resulting in the breakdown. I was quite shocked that the condensers broke so early in the lifetime of the car, as I also drive a 2007 Saab 9-5 with more than 150kmiles on the meter that have never had any issues with the AC.
I claimed that this should not happen this early, and stood my ground on that this kind of component should not have corroded at such an early time in the life of the car and they agreed to take another look into if this could be covered under goodwill or if I had to pay for the repair my self. The technician said he would check with his supervisor and call me back shortly, but I never heard from him again. The next day I got a message that my car was ready for pickup so I went to pick it up.

Luckily for me the car was less than 5 years old (by a few days), and we are covered by extensive consumer protection laws here in Norway, resulting in me not having to pay a dime for the repair. Everything was taken on goodwill by Tesla.

See image for details

-PCView attachment 589314

So can we confirm, from empty, 750g of r1234yf, and 20 grams of ND-11 oil?