Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Servicing in Brisbane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I got to test drive the model S this week. It was awesome. I'm interested in buying the X but am worried about upkeep and servicing as I live just north of Brisbane and Sydney is a bit far to travel.

Anyone know what the deal is for the range service?

Hi all,

I got to test drive the model S this week. It was awesome. I'm interested in buying the X but am worried about upkeep and servicing as I live just north of Brisbane and Sydney is a bit far to travel.

Anyone know what the deal is for the range service?
I have a Model S in Brisbane as do at least 10 others. Had a problem so they flew the tech up to look at it.

The question is how much do you pay. I love the car but if the maintenance is too high it is not worth the purchase price.

Surely we would have to pay for transportation and accommodation costs?

Seriously? So you just pay the standard even though it is so far away? I will wait till the suv is available to look at and buy one then.

The auto pilot looks great too.

I was surprised about the responsiveness of the car as well. The only other thing I do worry about is the longevity of the battery.

Lithium ions generally degrade over time. How does this affect the range?

Regarding battery degradation, I read a thread on this forum and it appears that you loose around 5-10% after 100.000 km. But maybe.. Just maybe.. You can upgrade the battery pack in 5 (?) years time for a reasonable price? look, it's new tech, and tesla cars are like computers.. In 5 years time they will be obsolete. It's only now that counts if you want to buy one.

Seriously? So you just pay the standard even though it is so far away? I will wait till the suv is available to look at and buy one then.

Tesla will have local service capabilities in South East Queensland this year. By the time X's are being delivered they will have a full service centre. In the mean time, as Ray mentioned, they come up here to do anything that is required at their cost. As far as annual servicing goes, it is not compulsory anyway and by the time the first cars are due for a service (if the owner wants one) they will have local capabilities in South East Queensland. It is really not an issue to be concerned about.

Just out of interest, why do you want to wait for the X? I had been driving high performance SUVs for the past 15 years and the Model S kills them in every way. Better performance, far more spacious interior for alll occupants, almost double the load carrying capacity, much safer and none of the stigma associated with SUVs. Unless you need 7 seats I would reconsider exactly why you need to wait for the X.

Just out of interest, why do you want to wait for the X? I had been driving high performance SUVs for the past 15 years and the Model S kills them in every way. Better performance, far more spacious interior for alll occupants, almost double the load carrying capacity, much safer and none of the stigma associated with SUVs. Unless you need 7 seats I would reconsider exactly why you need to wait for the X.
I totally endorse that. My previous vehicle was a Mercedes R320 CDI Long wheel base. The Model S beats all ways except the Merc had 6 seats and the S has 5.

it's new tech, and tesla cars are like computers.. In 5 years time they will be obsolete. It's only now that counts if you want to buy one.

Actually, I'd say the opposite. Any petrol/diesel car is obsolete the day you buy it. On the other hand a Tesla Model S is a platform that continues to improve and will keep up with/lead automotive technology for many years to come and using the Roadster battery upgrade option as an example, at some point in the future a Model S will be able to be quickly and easily fitted with a new battery pack which will improve range or reduce weight or even increase performance or some combination of these.

The Model S is designed to change the traditional notions about service life, upgrade cycle and obsolescence of cars. The intention is for them to be on the road much longer than traditional cars. That's an important part of the strategy to reduce the environmental footprint of cars.

We have a family with our first who is 4 months old. I want enough room.

With the S, I found if I have my seat in a comfortable position the back is rather cramped.

My wife and I are both over six foot. The suv appeals for both visibility on the road and space for family & friends.

We have a family with our first who is 4 months old. I want enough room.

With the S, I found if I have my seat in a comfortable position the back is rather cramped.

My wife and I are both over six foot. The suv appeals for both visibility on the road and space for family & friends.
I guess if you are prepared to wait at least another two years realistically. When the "D" was announced, I had the option to swap to one being told delivery would be August. I decided to go with the *bird in the hand* and stick with the RWD car. Glad I did as there is still no concrete sign of any Ds in OZ. Unless you are a lot younger than I am... do it now.