Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Set rear AC vents on by default?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My rear vent setting is persistent. If I turn it on, then it stays on until I turn it off.

When there’s nobody in the backseat the rear vents are closed for the AC. I have a dog that is in the cargo area, and everytime I get in the car, I hit the fan button, then have to tap the icon to get the rear vents on. Every. Time.

Is there some way to set this auto vent closing option to off?

Try this
6BC82BE3-BCF0-4498-A2C4-8065B3B21CEB.png
A43F89D9-EFFB-4F47-AED8-C4C647FA6CC8.jpeg

Reactions: CharlieBaskets
After the latest update, my AC is now doing this same thing, defaulting to "off". Prior to this update it used to default to on. Even when my kids are in the back seat, it still defaults to "off" and I have to manually turn it on. I'll be trying the "car seat" tip above, but I thought I'd already done that (since I do have two car seats in the back).

I can see and understand that Tesla engineers are trying to optimize range by using as little A/C as possible. So if there aren't any rear passenger (as indicated by the seat buckles) then there is no need to blow additional cold air to the rear. Same logic for closing front passenger air vent when there isn't a person there.

I can see and understand that Tesla engineers are trying to optimize range by using as little A/C as possible. So if there aren't any rear passenger (as indicated by the seat buckles) then there is no need to blow additional cold air to the rear. Same logic for closing front passenger air vent when there isn't a person there.
I'm sorry but I don't think Tesla's range goals should come before the comfort (and quite frankly, given the current 100+ temps, Safety) of my children. I can save any number of superfluous settings in the car, why not rear seat AC? Makes no sense.

Yup. I have my rear vents on all the time and it's been like this for >1 year.

I have a 2020 MY. Predominately driven with just me (driver). I set climate to recirculate "on" and rear seat air to "on" and the system remembers my settings. I don't remember doing anything special to set like this but the settings stay as set.
strange. My settings don't change. Recirculate stays off and the rear vent stays on whatever i last set it to.

Reactions: Its_Dale