Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SF bay check for VIN. Just got mine.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you waiting for a text. I never got one, my appointment was at 1000 and I got there at about 1005. The car had already been sitting there and was ready for me to drive off. I noticed that The key card had last been used at 0934 AM. It was great timing, I suggest picking the earliest pickup time you can (talking about Fremont specifically) which is 1000. And getting there around that time.

Did the assign you that 10AM appointment or were you able to choose a date and time some point?

Did the assign you that 10AM appointment or were you able to choose a date and time some point?

For me the placeholder time was "12:00 am" and I was told to just wait for the text. I was scheduled for Tue and then we pushed it Wed when it looked like my lender was taking longer that we had hoped but when I got the payment information to Tesla Tue morning I was told to wait for a text. Sure enough that afternoon I got the text, clicked "accept" and a few minutes later it was in my account. We drove over, had the surreal experience of walking up to a car, unlocking with with phone and driving off. There were a couple of people there and that asked if I needed help.

There are a couple of minor issues with the car. The rear hatch alignment is out, the frunk is too proud and the plastic trim above the frunk is not snapped in place. The frunk trim I suspect will get redesigned. Sandy Munro noted the issue with it during his tear down. The door alignment issues look like they're just in a hurry and pushing the work out to their service center

I just checked and got my VIN (12XXX) in the MVPA, which wasn't there last night. This is my first EV. So excited!!!

Ordered May 2020. MSM, LR AWD, 20", No FSD, No tow.

Has anyone picked up their Model Y from Tesla in SF? Home delivery wasn't available as an option for me when I ordered. What was your experience like? Any tips? Thx!