Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SGIP in LADWP Territory (through SoCalGas)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings,

I am in LADWP (power and water provider in Los Angeles) territory, and have an order in for a medium PV system and 2 Powerwalls through Tesla. LADWP territory comes under the SoCalGas SGIP allocation, and I am told (by a reliable source) that they just went into wait list, and therefore have a good chance of getting funding. But, looks like Tesla will not apply on your behalf as their allocation is already used up. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

GHTech

Greetings,

I am in LADWP (power and water provider in Los Angeles) territory, and have an order in for a medium PV system and 2 Powerwalls through Tesla. LADWP territory comes under the SoCalGas SGIP allocation, and I am told (by a reliable source) that they just went into wait list, and therefore have a good chance of getting funding. But, looks like Tesla will not apply on your behalf as their allocation is already used up. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

GHTech

Go through someone other than tesla that might be willing to do that (your end price will end up being roughly the same as any third party will charge more, and the price factoring in the SGIP will be very similar to tesla's without it.

If the question is, will I get SGIP through tesla, the answer is, "no", not unless you are applying under the equity and resiliency program.

Hi!

So, is self applying not an option? SGIP | has the option to apply as the owner. I assume that the developer part is the issue. I do see that there are homeowners who are approved developers.

Regards,

GHTech

You can certainly try to do that yourself... make yourself a developer and attempt it. Someone here has done it I think, but it is not something "easy" by any stretch. I looked into it briefly and decided that for me, it was not possible, and not worth trying to figure that out... especially since the program is out of money for <3 powerwalls for most utilities.

Has anyone that is LADWP territory successfully received the SGIP rebate for Powerwalls? I'm currently working with a local solar company but it's been an uphill battle. I am in a tier 2 fire zone and have Socal Gas approval of medical baseline, but running into road block with LADWP.

Has anyone that is LADWP territory successfully received the SGIP rebate for Powerwalls? I'm currently working with a local solar company but it's been an uphill battle. I am in a tier 2 fire zone and have Socal Gas approval of medical baseline, but running into road block with LADWP.

You seem to be talking about equity and resiliency which is something different (even though it is classified as SGIP). This thread was not originally about that specific program. Since you mention "medical baseline" and "tier 2 fire zone" I feel confident that is what you are talking about.

its up to your solar company to work through that process for you / with you.

Hi raustria,

I believe that in LADWP territory, the SGIP is handled by SoCalGas. Their SGIP Program Administrator was very responsive when I sent them an email. This is the email I used. selfgeneration @ socalgas.com

Regards,

GHTech