Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shareholder Meeting 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also got an invite and am in the Fort Lauderdale area and I'm similarly on the fence. I do think it would be really fun to go to and I considered driving, but at 2600 miles round trip and 19.5 hours (+ at least 2.5-3 hours for charging) one way, that's a lot. As a cost estimate, I recently drove down here from Boston and paid about $160 to supercharge. From here to Austin is about 200 miles less than driving from Boston, which is about one less supercharging session, so I'd estimate round trip charging costs to be around $300. Flights are looking to be about $300 as well, so I'd say flying is more worth it in this case. There's cheap hotels/motels right by the airport too, which is close to Giga Texas.

I might be going with a friend (assuming I can get my +1 info updated somehow, my first +1 can't make it), but would be down to meet up if you do go.

Reactions: xhawk101
I'll be there! Has anyone who decided to go setup a +1? Did they receive an email? I want to make sure my +1 is good to go. I haven't heard anything further after filling out the form. Well, other than the email immediately after that said more into to come. Where are people staying? I'm on the fence about renting a car. Can anyone give me a ride back to Austin afterwards? I'm sure getting there will be easy.

Thanks!

For those not able to attend in person, I saw on Twitter that there will be a watch party downtown Austin @ Clive during the event.
Oh fun. I wonder if there will be an afterparty there. It seems they had things like this in the past. I can claim to be a former Tesla engineer and get up there and say a bunch of bullish nonsense and get free drinks. Yes, that's what I'l do.

• Disagree
Reactions: MikeMacMan
I'll be there! Has anyone who decided to go setup a +1? Did they receive an email? I want to make sure my +1 is good to go. I haven't heard anything further after filling out the form. Well, other than the email immediately after that said more into to come. Where are people staying? I'm on the fence about renting a car. Can anyone give me a ride back to Austin afterwards? I'm sure getting there will be easy.

Thanks!
Also on the fence about a car, if I understand right the factory is pretty close to downtown. I did see an electric only car rental company, haven't looked at reviews ufodrive booking platform

Thanks!
What’s your reasoning for renting over just using Uber/Lyft for the day? Gigs Texas is only a 20min ride to downtown

That’s what I’m thinking now. Uber will be cheaper than the parking fees for the rental car. My main concern is getting a ride back to Austin after the event due to number of people looking to do the same.
live dangerously, wait a few for an Uber/lyft :) or rent a car so I get my Uber faster :) or we can share an Uber!!! Heading back downtown after. Worst case you sleep in the factory and hang with Elon that night :)

For those not able to attend in person, I saw on Twitter that there will be a watch party downtown Austin @ Clive during the event. This is my first time so maybe someone else can clarify what happened at Clive for the last event.
Yes the Austin Tesla club usually puts on the event at Clive bar. was fortunate to be able to attend the investor day and going to the annual meeting on the 16th. for those that do not get a entrance ticket Clive bar usually has stuff going on most of the day but is a great after party with many of the YouTube teslarati celebrities. easy to Uber from place to place. I rented a performance model 3 on Turo once but really not worth it. flying from tampa. if you're flying in pay attention to which side you sit on so you can catch some pictures from the air of the factory as well as it is basically next door to the airport. look forward to seeing you there :)