Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shattered lift window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont know if lawn maintenance is being done in OP area or not (winter and all), bit if it is - a rock from under a lawnmower or hedge trimmer could easily graze by shattering the window but not leaving any marks (got that once happened to my wife's sunroof)

@Snowhound Thank you. Did you notice if the glass was intact when you left the parked car?

I backed into the parking space so no doubt it was intact when parked. Upon leaving when I first noticed it in my rearview I thought it was ice (but was curious how it would have gotten there). Regardless, I got out with my ice scraper and was shocked at what I found.

No lawn care in the area, but maybe a bird was having a bad day.

• Informative
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
In winter with a rock chip already in the window...
I managed to do similar damage with a BB gun on an old junker car. It was really strange, nothing happened at first then almost in slow motion a crack appeared then another and picked up pace until rear glass looked identical. Took couple of minutes to complete. Doubt you will ever know cause for sure

• Informative
Reactions: AnxietyRanger