TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Shedding some light on the Tos is the fully autonomous cars.

Discussion in 'Model S' started by DeathBlade, Nov 14, 2016.

1. DeathBlade

DeathBlade New Member

Hello all,

I am wondering if you all could help shed some light on a question I am having troubles answering. I am considering getting myself a Ms 60d with AP enabled (Not fully autonomous enabled ) and I know you cannot use an "autonomous" car for ride sharing. I was considering using my car just to pick up a little of extra income (As I do contractor work for a living) when work is slower using uber and lyfy.

Tl:dr, if the car is not in autonomous mode or have that enabled at all and I am in full control, is it still banned from being done and used?

Any help would be welcomed.

2. deonb

deonb Supporting Member

Not true that you cant use it for ride sharing - you just have to go through Tesla's dispatching service (to be announced) rather than Uber, Lyft etc.

3. DeathBlade

DeathBlade New Member

Really.. So even a manually operated car cannot be used.. Well that would suck..

4. GarrickS

GarrickS Member

Tesla doesn't care about the car driving autonomously, they care about the car driving without its human.

You are free to use your car with any service you like. It's your car to do with as you please. You just need to be present.

Tesla doesn't want the car, without the owner present, going off into the world making money without their cut.

5. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I don't think they could keep you from manually driving your Tesla on Uber or Lyft. Its probably just going to be limited to using the self driving software to let your car drive for Uber and Lyft (presumably without you in it). How they will enforce that is anyone's guess right now.

6. DeathBlade

DeathBlade New Member

GarrickS & Az_Rael that is kinda what I figured and what would make sense based on what they said since it does say "a self-driving Tesla car". Even if I enabled full self driving I don't think id let it move without me inside lol.

Thanks for your answers and any future input from anyone.