Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shedding some light on the Tos is the fully autonomous cars.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I am wondering if you all could help shed some light on a question I am having troubles answering. I am considering getting myself a Ms 60d with AP enabled (Not fully autonomous enabled ) and I know you cannot use an "autonomous" car for ride sharing. I was considering using my car just to pick up a little of extra income (As I do contractor work for a living) when work is slower using uber and lyfy.

Tl:dr, if the car is not in autonomous mode or have that enabled at all and I am in full control, is it still banned from being done and used?

Any help would be welcomed.

Tesla doesn't care about the car driving autonomously, they care about the car driving without its human.

You are free to use your car with any service you like. It's your car to do with as you please. You just need to be present.

Tesla doesn't want the car, without the owner present, going off into the world making money without their cut.

I don't think they could keep you from manually driving your Tesla on Uber or Lyft. Its probably just going to be limited to using the self driving software to let your car drive for Uber and Lyft (presumably without you in it). How they will enforce that is anyone's guess right now.