Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ship Tracking - Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been following the shipping from USA of Tesla carriers per the attached link for some time.
Tesla Carriers

They have originated from San Francisco to Europe, China, etc. However this 'Platinum Ray' is from New York.
I haven't noticed this before.
PLATINUM RAY Current Position (Ro-Ro/Passenger Ship, MMSI: 308726000, IMO: 9210438) - MyShipTracking

What do you think is on board, bound for Zeebrugge? Due to dock in about 1hr 15min.
I have my thoughts but just throwing it out there for your take on this.

I've been following the shipping from USA of Tesla carriers per the attached link for some time.
Tesla Carriers

They have originated from San Francisco to Europe, China, etc. However this 'Platinum Ray' is from New York.
I haven't noticed this before.
PLATINUM RAY Current Position (Ro-Ro/Passenger Ship, MMSI: 308726000, IMO: 9210438) - MyShipTracking

What do you think is on board, bound for Zeebrugge? Due to dock in about 1hr 15min.
I have my thoughts but just throwing it out there for your take on this.
Its a ro-ro so I’m going to take a wild guess that on board are devices with wheels, and a few passengers.

Platinum Ray is a Vehicle Carrier. It will have Model 3s onboard. I'm active in the European tracking forums as well, so am aware of this one. We do see this at the end of the quarter where final shipment comes from a non-standard location. It's a short Atlantic crossing from there.

(Some people have had confirmations their car is on this ship)

The solar roofs will come on the container ships. I do track shipments out of Buffalo - and every US location for Tesla. So far I've only seen Superchargers in the shipping records.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman