Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving it.

Made the mistake of not buying in additional shares earlier today, and was unable to figure out Questrade's AHT...or lack thereof.

Would it be a mistake to buy in tomorrow assuming its below 155, or is a dip safe to expect?

Welcome! That's the million dollar question isn't it? My bet is the open price tomorrow is the start of something, not the peak. Look back to the price action after Q1. The gap-up the day after was the lowest price for several days.

"We don't want to rip anyone off"
"We don't want to make more money off of someone because they live in another country".... how astute and just awesome. Every other automaker is on a slow slide downward.

The AH TSLA price was stuck at $151 throughout the entire CC. As soon as he mentioned this the stock immediately went up a buck to $152. That is truly amazing! Stock price going up because a CEO says that the company is deciding on making less money for the good of the customer.

I am so glad to see that these words helped move the stock price higher. There is still hope for humanity!

"Don't want to make more money off of someone because they live in another country."
"We don't want to rip anyone off. So you should assume the same margin in every country."

Love it. Shows they really care about customers.

Refreshing to hear Elon talk about making a car based on quality rather than $$$ alone. This is a major reason I haven't bought a car from the Big 3 in over 20 years (and never will).

I didn't see it that way. I read Elon laughing with AJ about Elon's phrasing "room to improve". He takes the i3 seriously, and wants it to improve and succeed. Perhaps I misunderstood.

You didn't. He has always been very serious about everyone releasing electric vehicles. AJ started laughing first, then I guess Elon realised that his comment was a double-edged sword and then everyone realised it and then it became funny... Like how puns work I guess

Anyway, the more electric cars, the more business for Tesla (since they are still the cream of the crop in EVs), and the less need for Tesla to "educate" people before they can start making purchasing decisions regarding Tesla.. so overall a win for all? (Except oil...)

You didn't. He has always been very serious about everyone releasing electric vehicles. AJ started laughing first, then I guess Elon realised that his comment was a double-edged sword and then everyone realised it and then it became funny... Like how puns work I guess

Yeah. What he really meant to say was: I like that fact that BMW are producing and EV from the ground up and bringing it to market, but the i3 is not a good car. Instead he was diplomatic and said "it has room for improvement" and as he said it it was such an understatement that it was humorous.

Thanks all.

No Model S for me, just a 23yo designer saving for his wedding...though I'm not sure any of that will be pulled from my Tesla stock ;)

I appreciate the advice and thank you for having such wonderful discussions to lurk :)

Only been doing stocks for two weeks, but it's been very rewarding and quite the learning experience. If anyone has any books they recommend for someone completely new to this, I'm all ears.

Cheers.

If we see another squeeze, how about another cap-raise to build their own proprietary battery plant within the Fremont plant and get better vertical integration and supply security amongst other advantages … They'll soon be consuming more 18650's that the rest of the world demand put together. I have no idea how much this would cost or how long it would take to construct and stabilise...

It would take a mega plant on a scale never before attempted.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm very grateful I bought option contracts today after noticing the dip. I hope all of you saw your assets rise tonight. Believing in TSLA and Tesla has been amazing.

Yes. I had a lot of puts to cash with the fall this morning, so I rolled them into calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.