Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok closed out all of my weekly puts today. The market played out exactly as I expected. except that the stock fell only to $172.26 and I said it would fall to $171. Oh well.

I set limit orders before market open to sell most of my options at about 2x - 3x times yesterday's closing price. Virtually all of them got struck in the first minute :)

I haven't had time to look over it, but I am sure that I got a bunch of 5 and 6 baggers.

I then quickly started loading up on solar options. The news about CSIQ is huge but the market doesn't know it yet. Blackrock buying power plants is a really f****** big deal in my opinion. But maybe I am irrationally biased, but I digress.

I am going to wait till TSLA settles so IV can go down before buying calls. Now might be a good time to buy stock though.

BTW, I started buying solars as fast as I could, like a kid in a candy shop who just stole his mom's wallet. Looks to be paying off so far.

Yes, very encouraging. I think we are okay as long as there is no new news. I'm not buying right now, going to give it a few hours to settle down. If the rest of the morning looks like the day has so far, I might start shopping for my earnings plays.

I'm also not ready to get in yet, neither common nor calls. I agree that we should give it another few hours to settle before we hope back in.

It looks like the bears really want to give it another go at 20MA support level.

4.9mm volume already. Everybody is jockey'ing for position. We need Tesla to put this investigation out to put us back on track (hoping it's a good one)

I know this is the short-term thread but any company that respects itself will not hurriedly put out positive statements to appease the market until they have all the data to back up their claims. Credibility question. So people who are expecting this type of result need to RELAX... :)

4.9mm volume already. Everybody is jockey'ing for position. We need Tesla to put this investigation out to put us back on track (hoping it's a good one)

As I said...it will take time to conduct such investigation. Not to mention they probably only received the car late in the evening yesterday due to transport time all the way from Seattle. So let's not demand Elon or Tesla team to do the impractical which would be to deliver a proper report by today or even tomorrow. Realistically, we should expect further update this weekend or by Monday.

In the mean time, unfortunately, FUD will prevail so some degree and TSLA price will be under huge pressure. That's why I prefer to stay out of it at least until we see some stability in the share price.

Such a terrible day...the overall market tanking taking down most popular name momentum stocks like FB, LNKD, HLF down with will simply put further pressure on TSLA.

With the markets in such a disarray, I am only hoping we close above 20MA support level. It is HIGHLY unlikely that we will close near $180, let alone in the Green today as we all hope :(

Seems like a perfect storm to push the share price down :(

As I said...it will take time to conduct such investigation. Not to mention they probably only received the car late in the evening yesterday due to transport time all the way from Seattle. So let's not demand Elon or Tesla team to do the impractical which would be to deliver a proper report by today or even tomorrow. Realistically, we should expect further update this weekend or by Monday.

In the mean time, unfortunately, FUD will prevail so some degree and TSLA price will be under huge pressure. That's why I prefer to stay out of it at least until we see some stability in the share price.

Yes, I stated that they got the car yesterday. I don't think they'll let it sit over the weekend. Chances are all resources are being devoted to this because this one case is extremely serious and the management team knows enough that, the longer this sits the more your brand equity gets hit. I trust they'll get to the bottom of it quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if they used SpaceX engineers on this as well.

TSLA share has been sitting on the 20MA support level for the past 15 minutes...the bulls are defending the level well. I hope TSLA longs still have ammunition left to protect this highly critical level. If this is breached, it will set TSLA on long-term bearish.

Tough day...stocks go up and down...two steps forward and me step back...this is one big step back we're taking but I'm 100% sure it will go two steps forward again...just a matter of whether its in the next few weeks, at 3rd quarter earnngs, or some other positive catalyst

- - - Updated - - -

This is NOT looking good at all. The support level has just been shattered by the bears. I hope we will reclaim the level soon. If they allow TSLA to persist below the support level long enough...the bears will take us down further and further :(
I wouldn't use the technical analysis to try and forecast what will happen...it can be good for telling the story of what happened, but not great for forecasting what will happen, otherwise there would be a lot more wealthy technicians out there (most of the ones I know are no better off than the non technicians)

Is anyone worried TSLA may repeat the same story rollercoaster at NFLX and GMCR. I hope the big guys (hedge fund & institutions) don't play us the way the played with NFLX and GMCR to milk out money from the retail investors on the way UP then DOWN then UP.

Is anyone worried TSLA may repeat the same story rollercoaster at NFLX and GMCR. I hope the big guys (hedge fund & institutions) don't play us the way the played with NFLX and GMCR to milk out money from the retail investors on the way UP then DOWN then UP.

No it won't. You are freaking out way too much. To put things in perspective, the price right now is an ATH last month.

I closed out my Nov 200 call position at a big loss after seeing it break through 170.

I bought back all my hedges when we broke below the 20 MA. I'm not interested in finding out where the next level of support is. Should have just sat still with what I had yesterday rather than trying to catch a big move down. Oh well, glad to be on the sidelines again.

Status
Not open for further replies.