Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The market likes humble yet capable managers that under-promise and over-deliver. Between his modesty in the Bloomberg video and the much more carefully-worded German press release that I liked thoroughly, I think his PR team let him know that he needed to ratchet down the rhetoric from his speech at the German service center launch. Whether they did or he realized it himself, I am pleased by this.

However, it is doubtful that movement in any stock of a tenth of a percent is attributable to the release and digestion of any single piece of news information. That kind of movement is noise.

A lot of new investors and new people in this thread. Welcome. Let's keep it grounded, guys.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a great, great, great hire. Elon needed reinforcements in this area, I thought, and this is a fantastic one. Perfect synergy. Love love love it.

And so does the market.

Nice price action today for TSLA. In hindsight it is probably a blessing to hit the $160 yesterday, as I called it as a the solid support level. It is already solidly in the $170.

TSLA is moving really fast. Two days of action is worth one week or a month for another stock. One theory of mine is each stock moves with its own characteristic. One has to develop that intimate feel of the character, if one dares to play the short term.
Where is the volume though? These moves have been huge... $194->$164 is a $30 discount... Where are the buyers? We are just floating around with $20+ price swings all this time on no volume. Do the institutional investors not want to buy anymore?

Maybe he is playing the same "letting-a bit-of-hot-air-out" like the Netflix CEO did. Not sure if its good or bad.. sure don't like it though, the man could use a little bit of PR training.

Long-term, his candor plays incredibly well. Last thing we want is an over-polished Elon. I think most investors understand the stock is inflated by 'normal' measures and would be impressed by his willingness to acknowledge that short-term is hard to predict. What Elon actually said here was something I haven't heard him say before. "I do feel good about the company achieving that value and more in the long term."

My take away: short term TSLA options are a gamble. LEAPs and long-term holders of TSLA stock have massive potential still.

London event is runnin great!! Our english friends waiting to test drive the beast of the beast:))

dsdsd.PNG

No one freak out.... Means next to nothing to TM.

Bloomberg reports that CA is Considering lowering Tesla ZEV credits from 7 to 4. This story has already been reported before.

TSLA doesn't depend on ZEV credits and TM is expecting these to drop to zero by Q4 as was stated by Elon and CFO many times.

- - - Updated - - -

TSLA already recovering from initial overreaction

Governments don't publically "consider". this is coming

Sure they do. The CA Air Resources Board is discussing it today. Issue seems to be that the fast charging option (swapping) isn't really available yet to be used. Tesla wrote a letter asking not to change anything, BMW asked to water down the mandate. I hope the ARB sides with the *ahem* California company.

Status
Not open for further replies.