Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

From the london event:

Q: What do you think of the Cadillac ELR?

A: Musk. “I didn’t even know about that car, but any EV on the road is good. ”

Reallt? He didnt know about the ELR? thats really surprising to me, i guess hes that comfortable in his lead in technology that he doesnt even bother with the competiton?

From the london event:

Q: What do you think of the Cadillac ELR?

A: Musk. “I didn’t even know about that car, but any EV on the road is good. ”

Reallt? He didnt know about the ELR? thats really surprising to me, i guess hes that comfortable in his lead in technology that he doesnt even bother with the competiton?

This is one of the things I admire most about him. I think he is focused on his mission of moving away from non renewable transportation to renewable to the point that he welcomes other like minded companies but does not care or see them as competition.

Folks, read this article cover-to-cover. It is the single most comprehensive, and I suspect, accurate analysis of Tesla Motors pre-Q3 2013 that I have read in a very long time. It is worlds more comprehensive and properly researched than all of the recent major investment bank analysis.

Happy investing, and God Bless you, Julian.

You still have faith in those nov 200's? Mine are disgusting. I almost cut them loose a couple of times but I really believe the fundamentals have not changed. I've been tempted to average them down but if the market doesn't react the way I think I should they will really hurt.

I've averaged them down twice and now the whole lot is only about 10% negative. They may break even tomorrow.

I intend to sell some of them off to raise cash tomorrow at around $179. If there is another dip, I want to be able to buy it, but I don't have any cash to do that with right now. I do have faith that we'll be over $200 by expiration assuming that Wall Street is impressed with Q3. Julian Cox just posted a piece that says $210 after earnings. I'm inclined to agree.

Last edited:
Folks, read this article cover-to-cover. It is the single most comprehensive, and I suspect, accurate analysis of Tesla Motors pre-Q3 2013 that I have read in a very long time. It is worlds more comprehensive and properly researched than all of the recent major investment bank analysis.

Happy investing, and God Bless you, Julian.

this is really good, it should be posted on the teslamotors.com website forums

Kevin, I had sold off all my other options end of last week. Was sitting in cash til mid day yesterday. That is except for the stock holdings which are not sold. Only bought weekly. Tomorrow could be interesting. Side bar note picked up som MCK 1/22 150. &155 strikes. Should be a huge money maker com jan.

There seems to be a Bloomberg interview from Elon in London where he again says the stock is at a higher value than they have a right to deserve. Nothing new from Elon, but I don't like that headline showing up on my iPhone app.

I noticed that...I thought it was just a repost of the previous statement. Is he trying to set us up for a killer ER or just trying to drop the stock again lol.

That Bloomberg article came up again at the London Showroom Opening this evening.

I was standing right next to a "Financial Times" journalist who seemingly couldn’t wait to catch Elon out, and left the event right after to publish an annoying article that’s already been retweeted all over the web to fuel tomorrows FUD sites.

… but check out below what I noticed the journalist did right after Elon's answer ….

Here's the video. At 42m 20 seconds "Henry Foy from the Financial Times, London" asks a question:-

Tesla London Store Opening reception with Elon Musk - YouTube

Mr Foy:- "Bloomberg are saying that you told them this afternoon that Tesla was overvalued. Is that true and if so why ?"

EM
:- "… I think we have a kind of high valuation and its certainly a higher valuation than we have any right to deserve … BUT none the less we will endeavour to execute well and meet the expectations of those who have the good faith to invest in us. Ultimately I think the value of Tesla will be greater than it is today, and I think potentially maybe quite a bit greater than it is today, but I actually like the idea of trying to justify a stock valuation."

This took place at 9pm, yet by 10pm a headline appears on the FT website stating "TESLA ADMITS MARKET CAP IS SUPERCHARGED" but it only quotes the first few words of his sentence!

What niggled me was this - I was patiently waiting in turn to ask my own question when the FT journo nudged his way to the front, and, using his Journo status, jumps the queue to ask the Bloomberg question ... BUT as soon as EM was finishing his sentence the journo had spun round and with a clenched fist said 'Yes, Hah, Gotcha' … and walked off briskly to edit his article and publish it online before the event was even over. The three people I was with all looked at him a bit odd as he seemed positively ecstatic as he left the scene.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and it was good to chat to so many other positively charged individuals.

54-minute video of Elon speaking from today's London store opening

Thanks for sharing. But is there a better quality one. Who would shot a 144p resolution video nowaday?

- - - Updated - - -

Kevin, can you pull some strings and get this on San Jose Mercury News? Umm I'd really like the stock to go to $340 after ER!! :) We would need Julian's approval of course.

Man, cool down, don't let the $300 burn you. :wink:

We will see if the article can land on other major venue. Meanwhile, Julian decides to publish it on Investnaire, why not support him there?

These guys are doing TSLA and the longs a favor, although I can see they are creating potentially painful volatility for you day traders. If everyone had Julian's understanding of the stock, everyone would be buying too soon and we would have a bubble. These fools are actually keeping the stock in check, and for the most part, are probably filtering out all but the more serious bull investors. I bought a total of $50K worth of additional stock this month during the last 2 dips, which I would have never bought had it not been for these bear attacks bringing the price back down. When the stock eventually hits 1600, I will have made an extra half a million thanks to them!

That Bloomberg article came up again at the London Showroom Opening this evening.

I was standing right next to a "Financial Times" journalist who seemingly couldn’t wait to catch Elon out, and left the event right after to publish an annoying article that’s already been retweeted all over the web to fuel tomorrows FUD sites.

… but check out below what I noticed the journalist did right after Elon's answer ….

Here's the video. At 42m 20 seconds "Henry Foy from the Financial Times, London" asks a question:-

Mr Foy:- "Bloomberg are saying that you told them this afternoon that Tesla was overvalued. Is that true and if so why ?"

EM
:- "… I think we have a kind of high valuation and its certainly a higher valuation than we have any right to deserve … BUT none the less we will endeavour to execute well and meet the expectations of those who have the good faith to invest in us. Ultimately I think the value of Tesla will be greater than it is today, and I think potentially maybe quite a bit greater than it is today, but I actually like the idea of trying to justify a stock valuation."

This took place at 9pm, yet by 10pm a headline appears on the FT website stating "TESLA ADMITS MARKET CAP IS SUPERCHARGED" but it only quotes the first few words of his sentence!

What niggled me was this - I was patiently waiting in turn to ask my own question when the FT journo nudged his way to the front, and, using his Journo status, jumps the queue to ask the Bloomberg question ... BUT as soon as EM was finishing his sentence the journo had spun round and with a clenched fist said 'Yes, Hah, Gotcha' … and walked off briskly to edit his article and publish it online before the event was even over. The three people I was with all looked at him a bit odd as he seemed positively ecstatic as he left the scene.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and it was good to chat to so many other positively charged individuals.

Thank you for sharing. This is sadly confirmation of what many of us already realize -- there are vested, powerful interests in the oil/auto "establishment" that do not want Tesla to succeed and are willing to do anything to prevent it, including buying off analysts and industry "journalists" to ensure that the most negative story is the one published regardless of fact or context. Journalistic integrity is practically non-existent, and this is a particularly egregious example.

Again, thanks for sharing.

Kevin, I had sold off all my other options end of last week. Was sitting in cash til mid day yesterday. That is except for the stock holdings which are not sold. Only bought weekly. Tomorrow could be interesting. Side bar note picked up som MCK 1/22 150. &155 strikes. Should be a huge money maker com jan.

Good for you! That is what I figured. You must be pretty light weighted in order to pull off those trade.

Thanks for sharing. But is there a better quality one. Who would shot a 144p resolution video nowaday?

- - - Updated - - -

Man, cool down, don't let the $300 burn you. :wink:

We will see if the article can land on other major venue. Meanwhile, Julian decides to publish it on Investnaire, why not support him there?

I am as cool as winter in Michigan ;-) The $340 suggestion after ER was a joke dude, relax.. ;-) However am serious about SJ Mercury- will garner better publicity if published there versus just in investnaire..

Last edited:

After reading that, I think Elon himself needs a correction, hope someone sits him down and makes him read it! I'll even post the link again! http://www.investnaire.com/?q=groups/tesla-much-needed-reality-check-depth What a great well rounded article... and after hours is running up. not selling in the short term unless things really go to HS*t.

Status
Not open for further replies.