Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holding all march calls with strikes 220-280. New to options and hold core tsla and solar. I know that nobody has a crystal ball, but what would be strategy with these contracts. ranges of 10-50 contracts per strike. Looks good right now, and I don't want to be greedy (but I also want to be smart since there is some time). btw: I know I'm speaking to the converted, but I have learned so much since wandering into the Tesla showroom (accidentally.... right after test driving a new Porsche... went to the mall to check out the Microsoft store- walked into Tesla and they were dong test drives and never looked back. They put me in a p85+ for the test drive.... so I had no choice!!). Discovered and learned from TMC and thecontrarianinvestor.com - absolutely brilliant and ahead of the curve in so many ways. I rarely post but I pay attention.
Any strategy on march calls is appreciated!!!
Cheers.

$248 is looking like the ceiling for now. Tried to break it a couple of times but couldn't. I'm guessing we'll stay in this mid 240 area and close here.

But at some point in the future we will need to gap fill the 220's and 230's :)

Also, at this point I'm starting to think the secondary will definitely cause a short term pull back. How big and how short, who knows.

Just my guesses!

Holding all march calls with strikes 220-280. New to options and hold core tsla and solar. I know that nobody has a crystal ball, but what would be strategy with these contracts. ranges of 10-50 contracts per strike. Looks good right now, and I don't want to be greedy (but I also want to be smart since there is some time). btw: I know I'm speaking to the converted, but I have learned so much since wandering into the Tesla showroom (accidentally.... right after test driving a new Porsche... went to the mall to check out the Microsoft store- walked into Tesla and they were dong test drives and never looked back. They put me in a p85+ for the test drive.... so I had no choice!!). Discovered and learned from TMC and thecontrarianinvestor.com - absolutely brilliant and ahead of the curve in so many ways. I rarely post but I pay attention.
Cheers.

You've just made a ****-ton of money by speculating in short-term price movements. Sell your contracts and be happy. Or at least sell your cost basis so you don't get burned. This is a short squeeze and there's no guarantee it won't be down 7% tomorrow. That would mean a loss of a ****-ton of money to you.

(Edit: And congrats - that's a ridiculous amount of profits in a short time ;) Please celebrate life and laugh all the way to the bank!)

Cheers.

Congrats! I'd just say don't be afraid to take profits and don't get too greedy :) As we went up I started selling a couple of contracts at a time and now have 1/3 of my march calls remaining. But ultimately the decision is yours to make.

Must. Remember. Always. Do. The. Opposite. Of. ckessel :)

I was going to do something very similar but figured a 5% rate loan from the bank was a better deal than parting with my shares.
To be completely honest though, I absolutely could not afford my monthly expenses at that point. I'd intentionally took a car loan for far more than I could afford so I could let the stock ride as long as I could. I was at the point where I was all but forced to cash out anyway.

Still, I look back and think what could have been :), but I can't really feel bad about that choice at that time.

Teslanaire very shortly.

In @26 out half @87 back in all @92 some more @ 102, 163. Just..... wow back where I need to be from 2 lost pensions (Airline bankruptcies suck)

Love seein the shorts bank roll the giga factory (if Elon decides to do that again). Finally seeing folks see that this is in fact an IPOD moment for energy and personal transport.

Go Tesla! :)!!!

A big thanks from Australia to all the shorts who are paying for this trip! It is now 01.53 and I do not know if I can go to bed now.

Remember to take profit guys. I started a bit to early today, sold 75% of my feb and march calls, made 6 months salary!

Name▲▼Symbol▲▼Last price▲▼Change▲▼Mkt cap▲▼Volume▲▼Open▲▼High▲▼Low▲▼Day's gain▲▼ Cash - Deposit / Withdraw
DateAmountNotes
Tesla Motors Inc TSLA 250.30+32.65 (15.00%)30.25B10.11M230248.78228.45
$250 and 30 Billion market cap!

To be completely honest though, I absolutely could not afford my monthly expenses at that point. I'd intentionally took a car loan for far more than I could afford so I could let the stock ride as long as I could. I was at the point where I was all but forced to cash out anyway.

Still, I look back and think what could have been :), but I can't really feel bad about that choice at that time.

Nothing to be sad for there, you drive it everyday! I still have the grin firmly planted and Magic Carpet Ride gets a woo hoo outa anybody in the S with me when it plays!

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.