Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got more at $220.50. Big drops on low volume usually make me salivate - a very clear buying opportunity with big news still incoming (Giga Factory location and partners, China demand, NHTSA clearance, Model X production reveal).

(side note: have they actually pulled out all the subsidies for Norway? Or is it just another one of those things where you have to wait for the stuff back on your taxes, so people try to fit it in in December so they can get it in time?).

No. Incentives will continue until 50.000 cars/year 2017 (today there are 16-17000 (estimated)). There will only be a re-evaluation of the current incentives after 2017/50.000 cars (whatever happens first).

In fact, the incentives will probably be prolonged (http://www.elbil.no/politikk/1251--elbilpolitikken-ligger-fast) (auto-google-translated for you USAers) ;)

I'll admit, I do not like the wall of red I see in this market. I'm a little concerned this could be the beginning of a "big C" correction.

This movement has very little to do with TSLA.
Yeah, and meanwhile, ValueBlock is fanning the flames about demand, prominently displayed near the TSLA Google Finance chart. But hey, they're only asking a question, right?

Not as unprepared as last time, but still not as prepared for corrections as I should be. It's easy to get irrational with risk when the profits keep rolling in.
The most important lessons are learned the hard way.

I have cash on the side to deploy as soon as the recovery commences. But not much more to protect me. Timing will be important....and that worries me.

I'm afraid now Tesla is so big we need to pay more attention to macro-economic events. When the market is red: Tesla is redder (it's a risky asset and the first people will dump).

Interesting note: AAPL is being treated as a safe heaven? (i.e. safe solid asset that people run to when it starts raining). Never noticed that behavior before.

Not as unprepared as last time, but still not as prepared for corrections as I should be. It's easy to get irrational with risk when the profits keep rolling in.
The most important lessons are learned the hard way.

I have cash on the side to deploy as soon as the recovery commences. But not much more to protect me. Timing will be important....and that worries me.

I'm afraid now Tesla is so big we need to pay more attention to macro-economic events. When the market is red: Tesla is redder (it's a risky asset and the first people will dump).

Interesting note: AAPL is being treated as a safe heaven? (i.e. safe solid asset that people run to when it starts raining). Never noticed that behavior before.

I was thinking the same thing, and actually this is a small bullish indicator for me. Gold is down today and people are still confident enough to buy a high-flying tech stock as a "safe bet." Still, that's a small glimmer in what is shaping up to be a bloodbath of a day market-wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.