Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Not looking pretty. But there is always tomorrow. :wink:

And it keeps dropping to a new low. It's 137.88 as of now. The rest of the market is selling off as well but TSLA is getting hammered really bad. This is the worst single day drop we've had in nearly a month.

Here's to hoping that we'll see some of today's loses recouped tomorrow. In the near-term, 145 is the resistance based on normal trading. There looks to be a lot of downward pressure on TSLA unless a positive catalyst comes out to change that. If nothing can bring TSLA back over 145 in the next week I may liquidate and look to buy in the low 130s to mid 120s.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, today's drop doesn't make any sense because the volume doesn't support this much of a dip.

Overall market is down... it happens and is just being magnified in higher risk stocks it makes sense. That and it's an options expiry week and people are placing their bets for an announcement tomorrow. "Selling the news," although fundamentally nothing has changed. It sucks to see my portfolios green swing to red but... I've learned one thing every time I sold I ended up buying higher later even in the short run.

What's the A pack issue?

Older Tesla's limited to 90kW super charging

My view is the wall adapter replacement will not have a material effect on the stock. However, "Pack-gate" (see above) already has impacted "good will & trust" which eventually will negatively impact the stock (repeat sales, continued word of mouth sales, premium brand reputation, etc) if not addressed VERY soon >>>>>>> Elon can you hear me!

I'm still long TSLA but how this gets resolved may influence my "customer experience" view of the company going forward.

Older Tesla's limited to 90kW super charging

My view is the wall adapter replacement will not have a material effect on the stock. However, "Pack-gate" (see above) already has impacted "good will & trust" which eventually will negatively impact the stock (repeat sales, continued word of mouth sales, premium brand reputation, etc) if not addressed VERY soon >>>>>>> Elon can you hear me!

I'm still long TSLA but how this gets resolved may influence my "customer experience" view of the company going forward.

Are people really having an issue with this? The car was bought before the 120kw supercharging was available, and has even more capabilities than were promised when you bought it, considering supercharging was built into the car and didn't even exist at the time. I'm sure the car will charge at 90kw, and 90kw is still pretty damn fast. So you have to spend an extra 5 minutes stretching your legs, no big deal. And you got a feature which you didn't even expect to be paying for. Is that the sort of thing which owners, particularly early owners who universally love their cars, are going to start having a negative opinion of Tesla for? Come on.

My Roadster also came out before 120kw supercharging was available, and can't 120kw supercharge. You don't see me complaining.

according to tesla motors forum

"

AStonesifer | JANUARY 13, 2014
The latest VIN card from Tesla has the option of dual motors on it, for the 2014 model year. Looks like we'll be getting it this year, if not soon!

"

More confirmation of AWD Model S

Benzinga just tweeted the following, but I haven't been able to verify through any other source, including Bloomberg or Tesla's press page.

Bloomberg Reporting Tesla Has Issued Formal Recall for Plug Overheating During Charging

https://twitter.com/Benzinga/status/422853365966458880

Well here's the latest Benzinga Tesla headline posted in my TD Ameritrade account:

5:12pUPDATE: Tesla Will Mail Replacement Adapter to Owners (Benzinga)

That's not really fresh news. One headline uses more dramatic words, but both seem to be referring to the same rather benign thing.

Benzinga just tweeted the following, but I haven't been able to verify through any other source, including Bloomberg or Tesla's press page.

Bloomberg Reporting Tesla Has Issued Formal Recall for Plug Overheating During Charging

https://twitter.com/Benzinga/status/422853365966458880

Blatant FUD by Benzinga. No article or source to back it up, just throwing around the word "recall" with Tesla. Sh** like that infuriates me.

Blatant FUD by Benzinga. No article or source to back it up, just throwing around the word "recall" with Tesla. Sh** like that infuriates me.

Glad to hear it. I think the FUD is stemming from this letter dated today, from Jennifer Timian of the NHTSA to James Chen:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM448672/RCAK-14V006-6094.pdf

It seems to be merely an acknowledgement of the over-the-air update and new adapters. There's nothing new there, but this threw me for a loop:

Potential Number of Units Affected: 29,222

Status
Not open for further replies.