Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderator's Note: I moved 40 posts about batteries, range, etc. over to Long-Term Fundamentals of Tesla Motors (TSLA). Although these posts arguably belong elsewhere in TMC, I kept them in the Investor section because, well, we have our own little ecosystem here.

Please try to post in the correct thread. If you're not talking about short-term price movements of TSLA, you should find another thread or create a new one. Thanks!

NGT News - Next-Gen Transportation: AAA Ranks The Green Cars: Which Is On Top?

I'm posting this in "Short-Term" thread b/c I believe it will be a short term catalyst. Of course my skills at predicting such matters, well......sucks.

I don't think these types of articles will provide stock movement at all anymore unless they are come from very prestigious sources like Consumer Reports, Motor Trend, etc. and even then I don't think it would have much of an effect. The reason is that the Model S is already well-known to anyone that follows the car industry at all as by far the best and safest car in the world by a wide margin. An article such as this just reinforces what is already known. On the other hand, if the Model X achieves the same super-high ratings, then the stock will respond (but not as much as when it jumped from the initial Model S high ratings because expectations are higher now).

If we start seeing ratings/reviews that are not so good for whatever reason (actual competition, major problems with the S or X that aren't known yet), then the stock could go way down as long as the poor ratings/reviews are valid (not New York Post-ish).

Status
Not open for further replies.