Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't think this would affect the stock too much but if anyone is interested it looks like Elon and/or Tesla are making a significant contribution to the (Nikola) Tesla Museum. A 158th birthday celebration will be livestreamed at 10am EDT. It does seem like a Tesla sponsored Tesla Museum would be a no brainer for PR/marketing.

Yesterday's tweet:
Twitter / Oatmeal: Update:I had a call with Elon ...

Livestream:
RememberTesla.com - LIVE STREAMS

Thanks for the link! Watching now. I share his birthday too!

Thanks for the link! Watching now. I share his birthday too!

250px-Birthday_candles.jpg

... watching as well (no birthday here today:( ).

She also stated tesla would provide some vehicles as well.. I imagine a skateboard would work well to show off the AC induction motor. The $1 million donation and placement of a SuperCharger station at the site is also great.

The supercharger will also provide a steady stream of visitors to the museum. I imagine most Tesla owners would be interested in touring the Tesla museum while their car charges.

The supercharger will also provide a steady stream of visitors to the museum. I imagine most Tesla owners would be interested in touring the Tesla museum while their car charges.

Yes. It will also be a brilliant source of advertising for Tesla Motors. People will be there learning about how awesome Nikola Tesla was, and outside will be shiny Tesla Motors logos. Some of those people, high on Nikola Tesla, will then check out TM. I'm glad Musk is making the donation for its own sake (this is a cool cause), but it's money well spent for TM, as well.

Nikola Tesla is getting more and more attention these days, deservedly so. Probably naming the company after him was a good move.

I see TSLA is only half a percent down from yesterday's close now, quite a climb back from this morning's low. Perhaps it will end up in the green by the end of the day!

Last edited:
Considering how crappy TADA has treated Tesla, and the seeming indifference of the Texas legislature, I'm surprised Texas is still on the short-list for a Gigafactory. But maybe the business-friendly environment is just too much to ignore. Maybe in a bit of a Jiu-Jitsu move, Elon will use the Gigafactory in TX as leverage for the state to ease up on the dealership restrictions. Seems counter-intuitive at first glance, but could work in his favor.

Considering how crappy TADA has treated Tesla, and the seeming indifference of the Texas legislature, I'm surprised Texas is still on the short-list for a Gigafactory. But maybe the business-friendly environment is just too much to ignore. Maybe in a bit of a Jiu-Jitsu move, Elon will use the Gigafactory in TX as leverage for the state to ease up on the dealership restrictions. Seems counter-intuitive at first glance, but could work in his favor.

Realize also that there will eventually be more than one Gigafactory. BY having 3-4 sites in 3-4 different states all breaking ground at the same time with only the 'best business environment one' actually being the first to be completed is brilliant because these locations will be falling all over each other to see who can be 'the one'. However, the others will have already made some nice concessions to TM during this process and will eventually get the jobs associated with the other factories.

Personally, I think Nevada has the edge. However, it would not surprise me if Texas has such a sweet deal that they sneak in to get it.

California is working hard for the Gigafactory. In the end, I believe the will get it the "old fashioned way". They will EARN it.

Personally, I think Nevada has the edge. However, it would not surprise me if Texas has such a sweet deal that they sneak in to get it.

Agreed. I think its proximity to Fremont, as well as its less-onerous regulatory climate than CA makes it the ideal balance. Someone at some point mentioned something about building a Gigafactory around the Salton Sea area in SoCal. That would be a very welcome development in that area, since it's very economically depressed.

The "Salton Sea Area" adds geothermal to the equation. Since the battery factory will utilize substantial quantities of ovens, the electrical load will be be significant. Geothermal energy dramatically improves the mix of renewables. Add to this, the ability to produce lithium from geothermal brine and the Salton Sea becomes a great choice.

California's energy storage mandate is another great reason for Tesla to choose their home state.

California Passes Huge Grid Energy Storage Mandate : Greentech Media

In defense of Texas, there are major tech hubs around the state. The Austin area in particular, and Dallas as well have a lot of semiconductor jobs and that is a pretty natural recruiting pool for a battery factory.

And yes, in Texas it is probably easier to build stuff.

And the dealership rule is a bit of a snub yes, but Texas is an important market and with the factory all the other stuff would fall away soon enough.

I am of the opinion that he is getting the attention BECAUSE Tesla Motors was named after him, that being said, he deserves the recognition, and I am glad that our favorite car company has helped him to be remembered.

Tesla was actually quite famous while he was alive. Even though the power plants opted to utilize Tesla's invention of alternating current, rather than Edison's preferred direct current, many of the plants were still named after Edison and perpetuated his fame. Tesla eventually became almost forgotten until a car company was named after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.