Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the one from today... not sure whether they are rehashing or if it's based on some new developments.

Panasonic, Tesla agree to partnership for US car battery plant- Nikkei Asian Review

- - - Updated - - -

TSLA was at about 1.5mm shares traded prior to the Panasonic news, currently up to 4mm shares... so higher volume than lately, but not the 20-30mm shares/day activity we have around earnings and big announcements.

And of note, Benzinga just updated stating this: "CORRECTION: There has been No SEC Filing Yet on Panasonic, Tesla Motors Battery Plant Gigafactory Deal; Reuters Report was Erroneous

Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/news/14/07/...asonic-tesla-motors-battery-pla#ixzz38msU4H1D"

So did Benzinga take it upon themselves to issue a "correction" to a story that they didn't even write? Particularly when the original article made no mention of an SEC filing and said it would be coming later?

So did Benzinga take it upon themselves to issue a "correction" to a story that they didn't even write? Particularly when the original article made no mention of an SEC filing and said it would be coming later?

Not sure, I didn't see what they published before their "correction".

And @michiganmodels July 31 is Tesla earnings, and coincidentally (or not?) also Panasonic earnings.

That article is dated Feb 26 2014 ????

But reading the Barron's report (dateline July 28)

Report: Tesla Reaches Gigafactory Deal With Panasonic, Jumps 2% - Stocks To Watch - Barrons.com

there is a link to the Nikkei report:

Panasonic, Tesla agree to partnership for US car battery plant- Nikkei Asian Review

which does have a July 29 dateline (its next day in Japan right now).

This is the one from today.

That article is dated Feb 26 2014 ????

But reading the Barron's report (dateline July 28)

Report: Tesla Reaches Gigafactory Deal With Panasonic, Jumps 2% - Stocks To Watch - Barrons.com

there is a link to the Nikkei report:

which does have a July 29 dateline (its next day in Japan right now).

Looks more like someone here predicted a couple days ago: Possible joint press release by TM/Panasonic Wednesday with clarification on each company's CC

That would be me, but it wouldn't be like this unofficial nikkei statement. Public companies would issue a formal press release with one (or both companies') letterhead, easily accessible on their websites or investor relations sites.

As much as I hate to say it, it may just be Nikkei rehashing old news and a bunch of broken telephone in the media. However, if this is the case I'm hoping they rehashed it today because the tidbit about announcing something official by end of month is something new.

If all this turned out to be is rehashing of an old article, the stock would be back at where it started the day by now. The fact that it's staying up at the $229-230 level means there is some new information out. Large investors and institutional buyers have a way to get a hold of news before it is public...

Gotta love Merrill/B of A - $75 price target and feel the need to come out when Tesla pops to say the Panasonic investment in itself won't be enough to complete the gigafactory....really? Did it take you a couple hours to do the math that $2 billion, plus $300 million does not equal $5 billion. They need to also ban Merrill/B of A from Yahoo, like they did the FUD masters of Seeking Alpha.

Hoping for some sexy partners - Google, Apple, Foxconn...etc. now that they have Panasonic in the fold, may the real $ please stand up.

Gotta love Merrill/B of A - $75 price target and feel the need to come out when Tesla pops to say the Panasonic investment in itself won't be enough to complete the gigafactory....really? Did it take you a couple hours to do the math that $2 billion, plus $300 million does not equal $5 billion. They need to also ban Merrill/B of A from Yahoo, like they did the FUD masters of Seeking Alpha.

Hoping for some sexy partners - Google, Apple, Foxconn...etc. now that they have Panasonic in the fold, may the real $ please stand up.

Is that why the price came back down? Is there a link? I don't know how they still have any credibility with investors at this point.

Is that why the price came back down? Is there a link? I don't know how they still have any credibility with investors at this point.

Apparently related to that, Benzinga wrote at 15:13 EDT, "Hearing Bank of America Saying Tesla May Do Sec_ndary Offering". The bots and other dimwits may have picked up on that. If another offering is required, that will come well down the road. Even that may not be needed as revenues roll in. Right now there is plenty of cash to get the project started and well on its way.

Apparently related to that, Benzinga wrote at 15:13 EDT, "Hearing Bank of America Saying Tesla May Do Sec_ndary Offering". The bots and other dimwits may have picked up on that. If another offering is required, that will come well down the road. Even that may not be needed as revenues roll in. Right now there is plenty of cash to get the project started and well on its way.
apparently BofA put out a short note to investors noting the small size of the panasonic investment in the context of tesla previously indicating that they expected partners to contribute $2-3 billion; bank of america indicated that they believe that tesla may ultimately need to do a significant equity offering to proceed with the gigafactory.

surfside

Are they stupid? What would Panasonic provide right now, today? The building and land is all Tesla. Tesla is the orchestrator of this whole thing. Until there is a building there is minimal need for additional investment from suppliers. The announcement even practically stats this when it says that the 200-300 million is for equipment. Huh, don't you need a building to put the equipment in? 2B is more than enough to build the building and get all the basics in order. The suppliers will bring in all their stuff as needed and as thing ramp they will add to it.

If I was a customer of them I would be calling them up asking for my money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.