Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
“So as soon as we get out of this sort of correction or pullback, whatever you want to call it, I think Tesla, similar situation, great earnings, highly shorted, highly hated disruptive technology, is one of the reasons why we could see Tesla do the same over the next 6-12 months,” Fahmy said.

Guy predicting TSLA 50% gain in 6-12 months. Seems like quite a window of time for him to be right, but I'll take it.

Guy predicting TSLA 50% gain in 6-12 months. Seems like quite a window of time for him to be right, but I'll take it.

That article quotes that guy saying, "I think Tesla, similar situation, great earnings, highly shorted, highly hated disruptive technology, is one of the reasons why we could see Tesla do the same over the next 6-12 months". Same, referring to Zillow, which was 50% in 6-12 months.

This Yahoo Finance article quotes him saying, "
I think Tesla is in a similar situation (to Zillow in late March). Great earnings, highly shorted, highly hated, disruptive technology we think Tesla could double in the next 6 to 12 months."

Who's right? Himself on TechInsider or himself on Yahoo Finance?

That article quotes that guy saying, "I think Tesla, similar situation, great earnings, highly shorted, highly hated disruptive technology, is one of the reasons why we could see Tesla do the same over the next 6-12 months". Same, referring to Zillow, which was 50% in 6-12 months.

This Yahoo Finance article quotes him saying, "
I think Tesla is in a similar situation (to Zillow in late March). Great earnings, highly shorted, highly hated, disruptive technology we think Tesla could double in the next 6 to 12 months."

Who's right? Himself on TechInsider or himself on Yahoo Finance?

He said Zillow would double in a year, so far (6 months) it's up 50%. He's still predicting Zillow up another 50% in the next 6 months. And he thinks TSLA is in the same position starting now.

This thread on the tesla forum is claiming to show some crazy plans coming up, including a Tesla Model C in 2018-$15,000 city car...anyone believe this Dutch Autoweek report? I suppose we will see if the market believes these rumors or not tomorrow.

IMPORTANT: New Tesla Models announced on Dutch Autoweek news video: 2015 Model X, 2016 Model 3 + Model R, 2018 Model C ($15,000) | Forums | Tesla Motors

This isn't consistent with the Secret Master Plan. Tesla intends to stay in the premium segment, and no premium automaker sells a car for less than $20k.

I am not sure I agree with this line of thought. Elon wants to displace ICE's as his top priority. The LOGICAL thing to do, with a constrained battery supply, is make lots of tiny underpowered city cars and attempt to fill that market. That would be the way to displace the most tons of CO2. The reason TM doesn't do that, is that it would be market poison and be worse for EV adoption overall. But, once they had succeded for 6 years (2012-2018) with successful premium sedans, SUV, mid-range sedans and crossover SUVS, why would *pride* keep TM from making a small city car? They could hit it out of the park and sell lots of units. Once the monkey is off the back, why not? I say it cannot happen fast enough.

This isn't consistent with the Secret Master Plan. Tesla intends to stay in the premium segment, and no premium automaker sells a car for less than $20k.
I have to be honest I don't see anything about always being a premium automaker in the Secret Master Plan. I think if they go into the (truly) mass market they should launch a different brand. At the end of the day, however, their mission is "to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport by bringing compelling mass market electric cars to market as soon as possible."

I have to be honest I don't see anything about always being a premium automaker in the Secret Master Plan. I think that would be wise and that if they go into the (truly) mass market they should launch a different brand. At the end of the day, however, their mission "to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport by bringing compelling mass market electric cars to market as soon as possible."

Yes, +1.

photo.PNG

Tesla Model C?????

It must be an Adobe Model C, but I like the wheels.

Last edited:
Not saying I am buying this report at all, but if so, could this be the as of yet unrevealed extra spending on CapEx and R&D? I want to say no without thinking twice about it because there are so many things that screams "this is fake!" But... It is more plausible than the other suggestions like electric trains, electric planes, etc.

Hrmmmm...

Not saying I am buying this report at all, but if so, could this be the as of yet unrevealed extra spending on CapEx and R&D? I want to say no without thinking twice about it because there are so many things that screams "this is fake!" But... It is more plausible than the other suggestions like electric trains, electric planes, etc.

Hrmmmm...

Perhaps they want to go Google-car and make these be shorter range autonomous taxi's ready for deployment by 2020. That would certainly be something cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.