Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000312844&__source=yahoo|headline|quote|video|&par=yahoo

For what it's worth thus guy is saying 215 which is both the July low and the 200 day moving average. I would be a little sad to see it drop quote that far, but if it goes to there you better get a ton of cash ready cause that will be an amazing bottom.

I have been short term bearish, unfavorable market calendar, Geopolitical risks & Tesla missing 3Q deliveries & probable earnings first let me to write covered calls then I bought 3 separate puts that I had planned to hold till earnings release but now plan to close out the puts between $240-$230 so I wont have to deal with the 200 day moving average & other support levels.

Just notified this evening "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S"
Very quick -- I ordered on 9/4, confirmed on 9/7. Originally, the estimated delivery was "November" then a few days later was bumped up to "Late September." DS later told me estimated deliver 9/25-9/30. Delivering to Costa Mesa, CA.

VIN 57160. Model S Performance, Blue, Pano, Tech, Parking Sensors, Ultra Sound, 19" wheels, Grey Nappa, Dual, Black headliner

Very similar to my situation. 8/23 P85 order with estimated November delivery. 9/5 confirmation with estimated November delivery at Fremont factory. Received 9/6 call saying my delivery would actually be between 9/27 and 9/30. Website has since read "late September" delivery. Website has since read that the car has "entered the production queue." Haven't asked for or received a definitive date as of tonight.

Two new owners reported much moved ahead delivery date by end of Sept. in "Model S Delivery Update " thread page 710. I think this is a good sign for production ramp up at least:biggrin:

Factory is working full Saturdays and "volunteer" Sundays. Expect this through the end of the year.
Two shifts

"DrDave" even reported that Factory works 6 days/week at least in "Is the Factory Producing on Weekends? " thread. It's either catching up the Q3 production guidance or sort of ER beat is under way. Bottomline is Elon won't miss his promise :)

Last edited:
Two new owners reported much moved ahead delivery date by end of Sept. in "Model S Delivery Update " thread page 710. I think this is a good sign for production ramp up at least:biggrin:

"DrDave" even reported that Factory works 6 days/week at least in "Is the Factory Producing on Weekends? " thread. It's either catching up the Q3 production guidance or sort of ER beat is under way. Bottomline is Elon won't miss his promise :)

If they start moving people up from October, that would indicate they have made up for the delay (new production line) and are now working on beating guidance. Very rough estimate: 1 week to go, beat of approx. 800 cars? O.k., they still have to deliver them, too... And then it could all be reshuffeling order of deliveries due to either closeness to factory or batching of certain options.

If they start moving people up from October, that would indicate they have made up for the delay (new production line) and are now working on beating guidance. Very rough estimate: 1 week to go, beat of approx. 800 cars? O.k., they still have to deliver them, too... And then it could all be reshuffeling order of deliveries due to either closeness to factory or batching of certain options.

I was under the impression that after Q1 of this year they were trying to playing the end-of-the-quarter delivery reshuffling game because it is not the most efficient way to operate. It seems odd to me that they would be doing this crazy push right now if they were already on track to meet guidance so I suspect the push is to make up for unexpected delays and simply meet guidance. Purely speculation on my part of course.

I was under the impression that after Q1 of this year they were trying to playing the end-of-the-quarter delivery reshuffling game because it is not the most efficient way to operate. It seems odd to me that they would be doing this crazy push right now if they were already on track to meet guidance so I suspect the push is to make up for unexpected delays and simply meet guidance. Purely speculation on my part of course.
I was thinking about a similar reason for the push. Elob mentioned in the fox interview that customs clearance and other stuff could delay delivery. Just a thought.

Another possible reason for a push would be to increase deliveries in order to compensate for additional expense associated with the expanded drive train warranty. Since they originally guided to be about break-even for Q3, the additional warranty expense would push them in the red. They might have decided to use this reshuffling to beef-up their balance sheet, not just beat the delivery guidance for the sake of beating it...

If they are moving forward people in CA that's beacause those cars can still be delivered within the quarter if they can produce them. So it makes sense to move that forward instead of producing a car for e.g. Europe.
If they move deliveries up for people on the East Coast or overseas, then we can say they "ran out" of orders due to a crazy ramp. Extremely unlikely though. With the backlog they had it is physically impossible to ramp things up so that August orders are coming up for production now.

It seems odd to me that they would be doing this crazy push right now if they were already on track to meet guidance...

I think they enjoy beating guidance, and regard that as a special goal. There's nothing wrong with beating guidance anyway, they're trying to supply as many electric cars as possible and rid the planet of gas-burning cars, so why not? They have a huge order backlog.

If they are moving forward people in CA that's beacause those cars can still be delivered within the quarter if they can produce them. So it makes sense to move that forward instead of producing a car for e.g. Europe.
If they move deliveries up for people on the East Coast or overseas, then we can say they "ran out" of orders due to a crazy ramp. Extremely unlikely though. With the backlog they had it is physically impossible to ramp things up so that August orders are coming up for production now.

This is exactly right. I believe they stuffed the pipeline and delivered what they could to parts further in the country and bumped up whatever deliveries they could in the local area.

This is exactly right. I believe they stuffed the pipeline and delivered what they could to parts further in the country and bumped up whatever deliveries they could in the local area.

Agreed. California orders will be delivered in the very last week. Residents of Fremont who've ordered cars will be asked to show up to the factory next Tuesday afternoon :)

They may simply be working like crazy because they're not staffed up sufficiently yet for the new, higher run level. The end result is the same for the poor overworked staff, but it'd mean the reason behind it isn't gaming stupid short term quarterly number.

Same for me - Ordered and Confirmed my P85+ on 8/8, estimated was early October. Got a call from my DS on 9/4 that it would be ready for pickup at Fremont on 9/26. I had a date on the website until 9/17 when it went to "late September". However, that day I also received my final delivery configuration and two days later my MVPA Final Price sheet with a "delivery on or about 9/26" date. That same night I received the "Tesla Final Payment" e-mail and I sent over my ACH to close the deal. Still no change on the website from "entered the production queue". However my DS told me that my MS went into production on 9/17. I guess the data is a little lagging!

Another owner reported end of quarter push. It looks all three reside in CA and most likely pick up at Factory.

- - - Updated - - -

Could it be battery cell supply more than expected and the production just needs to catch up battery cell ramp up? Anyway, as soon as TM hold the guidance as bottomline, any (small) surprise in ER is always welcome!

They may simply be working like crazy because they're not staffed up sufficiently yet for the new, higher run level. The end result is the same for the poor overworked staff, but it'd mean the reason behind it isn't gaming stupid short term quarterly number.

Status
Not open for further replies.