Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't get too excited off the bounce. We managed to hold 240 for a long time before that broke through, we still have about 2 weeks and with no real news set on the horizon until November we could be testing the waters again.

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify, I am cautiously optimistic at this point that we saw the bottom. But I think one factor is what the overall market does over the next two weeks as well.

Agree but main thing IMO is not to be technically broken. (I am not an expert like you but I just wanted to say my opinion :smile:)

Im no expert either, haha! today was definately a good buying point though, for those waiting for the dip I would be extremely happy with a purchase price in the 230s even if we do hit 215 before we hit 260+ I would not be upset with that price at all. But I do agree I wouldn't want the stock to go off into the unknown because then we all might have to do some serious thinking about the value of the company today verses future value to make sure we aren't all drinking the kool aid too much :D

Reports? They have access to official numbers...InsideEVs is guessing & presenting it as fact.

they have the most believable numbers which generally get resolved nicely with the combination of the Tesla quarterly data and the registration data for other countries. They are reporting this information based on the caveats that are listed in the article. It is about as good as we are going to get on credible journalism on this subject minus direct information from Tesla... which they don't give.

By57o4jCYAECwsq.jpg-large.jpeg

For the record, I don't think anyone guessed the "secret R&D" spending was another model. This is pretty great no matter what it is... I am betting the "other thing" is the Model X reveal, right? right? or just the driver assist stuff which hasn't really seen public release yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Engadget has immediately joined into the speculation suggesting it might be a smaller SUV that will join the Model 3 on release... this at least makes sense since we know they have talked about it in the past in passing. I think I like this idea and fits with things that has been suggested previously here.

Elon Musk teases Tesla 'D' unveiling on October 9th

Sorry forgot to post the article.

I think we're building in a Q3 Miss based on Andrea James' note. We've passed consolidation and now we are lowering expectations.

Yeah... But production numbers don't matter nearly as much as deliveries (sales/top line). I think tesla will meet topline.

And per discussion, q4 guidance and 2014 total delivery guidance IS important. Along with next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.