Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering about the "Something Else".

Drive Assist. The hardware that is currently being delivered and Brianman found a few weeks ago.

Speed Assist and Lane Departure Warning

I can't help but think that the "something else" is likely to be the Model X... it's kind of like Apple's "one more thing". While Drive Assist is a pretty nifty thing in of itself, its not exactly groundbreaking technology.

Now if Tesla unveils a Driverless​ "one more thing" feature, I will be shocked.

I think the picture used with the D on the door going up and a car behind it signals a new car, I don't think they would reveal the option of a dual motor Model S this way. D is also the fourth letter in the alfabet which imo strongly suggests the car will be the "generation 4", maybe it is a new sports car scheduled for release shortly after the Model 3, I am sure they could build something amazing a few years in the future that stomps on pretty much any ICE sports car and shows that BEV truly is the best technology. Not to say the Roadster wasn't a great vehicle but they have come a long way since that and they didn't even design it themselves.

Elon just tweeted another message "I love the Internet. Comments had me literally ROFL. No, it wasn't intentional. Glad I didn't mention the other letter!" not sure what to make of that.

Looks like a movie poster just in time for Halloween. Can't wait to see the trailer. Ah, I can imagine the movie trailer guy voice...

In a world of conventional cars. In a world choked on carbon and corporate greed. In a world of passionless transport, came a concept so inconvenient. They said it would always be ten years away. Deadly, demonic, dangerous, dimented and deranged. A car so disruptive it could only be called... the Model D. In Tesla showrooms October 9. Don't call Detroit. They never saw it coming.

I can't help but think that the "something else" is likely to be the Model X... it's kind of like Apple's "one more thing". While Drive Assist is a pretty nifty thing in of itself, its not exactly groundbreaking technology.

Now if Tesla unveils a Driverless​ "one more thing" feature, I will be shocked.

Autonomous Driving will be available with Model X first. The natural progression is introduce Model S AWD and "Drive Assist," and then introduce autonomous driving with X. Autonomous driving will require multiple cameras (which Tesla is pushing for on the X). Autonomous Driving includes autonomous steering and autonomous braking. Model X will rock the auto industry with the Falcon Wing doors and Autonomous driving.

when I saw the "D" tweet twenty minutes ago, I also first thought "Dual" motor. I agree it would be Model SD or something like that rather than a Model D (ie the car will be a Model S, with some sort of sub-identifier).

I think "D" as dual motor makes sense as it will emphasize that this in not simply Tesla's 4WD, but rather an entire set of improvements (think handling, acceleration,...) that come with having two motors in a Tesla EV... something consumers will not find from a gasoline car- the public doesn't leave a Ford or Toyota dealership with two engines in their new ride.

I hope that's what this is. If the "D" is the driver assist, I'll be a bit bummed, only because the much of the cat is already outside of the bag on that one.

Personally, I really hope the "something else" is a bigger battery as someone suggested upstream. Managing my expectations, I'm thinking it will be a formal reveal of the driver assist package Model S's have started to be build with hardware for. If it's the X reveal, well, Awesomeness :)

One last thing, how many times did Elon say "Demand will not be a problem" in a concise, definitive tone on the last call :).

Last edited:
when I saw the "D" tweet twenty minutes ago, I also first thought "Dual" motor. I agree it would be Model SD or something like that rather than a Model D.

I think "D" as dual motor makes sense as it will emphasize that this in not simply Tesla's 4WD, but rather an entire set of improvements that come with having two motors in a Tesla EV... something consumers will not find from a gasoline car.

I hope that's what this is. If the "D" is the driver assist, I'll be a bit bummed, only because the much of the cat is already outside of the bag on that one.

Personally, I really hope the "something else" is a bigger battery as someone suggested upstream. Managing my expectations, I'm thinking it will be a formal reveal of the driver assist package Model S's have started to be build with hardware for. If it's the X reveal, well, Awesomeness :)

Tesla can not have a larger battery in 2014 because they do not have a registered VIN designation with NHTSA.

I'd imagine there is much more to the Dual Motor and the Drive Assist then what we know. Elon will demonstrate these features on the 9th (as he stated in Japan).

We'll have to wait for Model X to see Autonomous Driving (on-ramp to off-ramp highway that is).

Elon just tweeted another message "I love the Internet. Comments had me literally ROFL. No, it wasn't intentional. Glad I didn't mention the other letter!" not sure what to make of that.

The Twitter comments are all about the "unveil the D" being slang for what Ex Congressman Weiner did with his "D".

The other letter is possibly E (making "E.D." or erectile disfunction ) or P (making "PD" which is internet slang for "pierced D...")

Status
Not open for further replies.