Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like it to be a product based on technological achievements that's shipping soon. The r&d jump says something is forthcoming in near future.

If they were doing two concept models at the same time, then it would require almost double the R&D budget to take both of them up through initial paper concept, 3D model, clay model (have to make 2), and then engineering prototype (concept) again, would have to custom make 2 cars as one offs... even if both platforms draw from a similar base they gain almost nothing from that at this stage. And we have been about in the correct timing to expect them to be close to ready to push a concept of the Model 3.

Just my 2 cents.

Engadget has immediately joined into the speculation suggesting it might be a smaller SUV that will join the Model 3 on release... this at least makes sense since we know they have talked about it in the past in passing. I think I like this idea and fits with things that has been suggested previously here.

Steal the thunder from the X and possible AWD S with an SUV version of the Model 3, which we also have never seen? Kind of doubt it.

Anyone read "GMs Triple Assault on Tesla"? I found this line about a pure EV to compete directly with M3 on range and size quite funny: "Surely GM would price this car something along these lines: whatever Tesla charges for its equivalent car, minus a large enough percentage to ensure that Tesla does not make any money. Ever. That's my theory." So this author is contending that GM will also compete so much on price as to deprive Tesla any chance of turning a profit on the M3. How much money does GM want to lose just to ensure little ole Tesla doesn't make any money? Wasn't the Cadillac ELR supposed to take out the Model S?

Anyone read "GMs Triple Assault on Tesla"? I found this line about a pure EV to compete directly with M3 on range and size quite funny: "Surely GM would price this car something along these lines: whatever Tesla charges for its equivalent car, minus a large enough percentage to ensure that Tesla does not make any money. Ever. That's my theory." So this author is contending that GM will also compete so much on price as to deprive Tesla any chance of turning a profit on the M3. How much money does GM want to lose just to ensure little ole Tesla doesn't make any money? Wasn't the Cadillac ELR supposed to take out the Model S?

Haha! Yes doing a mighty fine job of it too. I hear they are over 100 a month now in sales :D Tesla is doomed!!!!

Just to give a front comparison:
2013-tesla-model-s-front-2.jpg

By57o4jCYAECwsq.jpg

To me, this really looks like the Model S in the front... I know it is all dark and stuff, but the lines seem to be about the same.

That is to say, not likely an SUV/CUV because it is too low angled. It could be a smaller sedan (not likely that would be the Model 3) or a coupe I suppose. Seems strange to rebrand for just dual motors... Although he didn't say "Model D" just "the D"... but everything about it screams he meant Model D...

- - - Updated - - -

I can't sleep. Help me see what you see chicken, please.

Haha! I am equally unable to sleep any time soon now... sigh... just what I needed...

Since we are all speculating: I suspect it is AWD S, referred to as model D AND another D, as in Driver assist. It would be great if all the new hardware that is known about has some firmware that is not known about....like park assist; active breaking; blind spot...yada yada. Elon drives out in it and it parks itself.

Just to give a front comparison:
View attachment 60481
View attachment 60482
To me, this really looks like the Model S in the front... I know it is all dark and stuff, but the lines seem to be about the same.

There is no doubt it is the Model S with parking lights on. (Without fog lamps). My guess is the awd. I don't think it's possible to be driverless yet. I seem to remember Elon said that's still 3 years away.

Status
Not open for further replies.