Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a strange day. It's barely moved out of the 195-197 range and closed only $0.06 higher than Monday's close yesterday. It feels so odd to have such a calm day. I'm tempered for +/- 5% swings, not this stuff. Volume dosen't seem that high either, there must be a lot of people getting ready for battle.

What a strange day. It's barely moved out of the 195-197 range and closed only $0.06 higher than Monday's close yesterday. It feels so odd to have such a calm day. I'm tempered for +/- 5% swings, not this stuff. Volume dosen't seem that high either, there must be a lot of people getting ready for battle.

I'm liking it. It's letting the volitility come down a little. I actually hope it stays like this the rest of the week even though this will cause me to loose a little in calls that expire this week.

I agree - I like the consolidation. I hope it dips between now and ER so I can load up on weeklies for next week. If I am buying calls for a certain event, I always buy them at least double the time from now until the event so I don't lose so much in time decay. ie. for an event 3 weeks from now, I would buy calls 6 weeks from now. For next week's calls, I won't buy any until next week.

I'm liking it. It's letting the volitility come down a little. I actually hope it stays like this the rest of the week even though this will cause me to loose a little in calls that expire this week.

Well, I bailed on some (about half) of mine today. That means we should get a positive catalyst so I will be kicking myself for selling too early.

Someone mentioned to me that he had seen an invite to an institutional investor factory tour that's scheduled for tomorrow. He wasn't aware of the list of attendees.

Since Tesla’s in a quiet period before earnings next week, they’ll probably be very careful what they share.

Wow that's interesting. I wonder what kind of arrangement Mobileye and Tesla struck and if they really signed something or not. I would imagine that Tesla would have just secured their own cameras/sensors and created their own software from scratch. So it's a bit strange that they would need to partner with a company like Mobileye. Anybody have any ideas?

Wow that's interesting. I wonder what kind of arrangement Mobileye and Tesla struck and if they really signed something or not. I would imagine that Tesla would have just secured their own cameras/sensors and created their own software from scratch. So it's a bit strange that they would need to partner with a company like Mobileye. Anybody have any ideas?

Very interesting. I remember one of the earliest recipients of a Signature Model S went out and had Mobile Eye gadgets installed in their car immediately upon receipt. I wondered what the fuss and rush was about and why it was so important to them. Now it makes more sense.

I have seen rally cries for self driving cars, lane departures and crash avoidance. It made it look like the consumers were demanding it. Now I really wonder... if it is a public company. If they are they are, then that means they are really on the ball. It's worth taking a look even though I'm not warm and fuzzy about something else driving my car that I bought for my driving pleasure.

I'd like to have it as a backup system. You never know… I imagine if something like that were to become common it would save a lot of lives. I've seen plenty of Text while driving drivers who could use it to stay in their own lanes…

I think it was the Norway event where JB was asked about future pans for self driving capability. He answered that it wouldn't be a drastic implementation overnight, rather it would be a series of changes progressing the technology over time. When I talk bout self driving cars with friends they are always skeptical about it. As someone who almost died in a car accident when I was younger, I cannot wait for the technology to come. Driving, especially in America, is so dangerous. 34,000 deaths on the road in 2012, that's criminal, and worse yet people accept it as status quo. Even if you trust yourself, you can't trust those around you.

Would one of the resident experts mind explaining how AH/Pre-market pricing is determined? I see it dipped down to 191.XX pre-market, but on only 7,000 shares. Are people actually able to get trades executed at these prices? Can somebody just enter an extremely low bid and as long as someone is willing to sell, the trade will execute? I'm just a bit confused regarding the mechanics of AH trading.

Would one of the resident experts mind explaining how AH/Pre-market pricing is determined? I see it dipped down to 191.XX pre-market, but on only 7,000 shares. Are people actually able to get trades executed at these prices? Can somebody just enter an extremely low bid and as long as someone is willing to sell, the trade will execute? I'm just a bit confused regarding the mechanics of AH trading.

Yes.

I think that's pretty huge. I remember Elon said they are trying to figure out what type of sensors to build in the car and ad more safte/driverless features over time. The article suggests that Mobileye has already figured out that part. So we probably could expect the Model S as early as 2015 shipping with the equipment and maybe some basic functionality like emergency braking etc. with more features following over time. Maybe someone on the ER call could ask a question about that. So this could turn into stock-moving news.

Status
Not open for further replies.