Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job everyone! Feels like Q1 all over again.
I was unbelievably nervous for this one, went in totally unhedged on a whole lot calls. I was so close to hedging yesterday because I didn't want to taste another Q3, but all signs were pointing to a blow out so I just trusted my gut.

Thanks again to all the amazing talent we have on this forum.

Looking forward to reading some more amazing "war stories" after today.

FB just bought WhatsApp chat/messaging service for $16B. // EDIT: Actually $16B + $3B RSU = $19B

I don't know about you.. but if WhatsApp, a chat/messaging application, with probably < 100 employees, is worth $16B (EDIT: $19B), then Tesla Motors, with state-of-the-art, 10-year-in-the-making technology at $25-26B is dirty cheap.. I repeat.. DIRTY CHEAP..

If WhatsApp is valued like that... why not us? why not??

--
// EDIT: Actually $16B + $3B RSU = $19B

FB just bought WhatsApp chat/messaging service for $16B.

I don't know about you.. but if WhatsApp, a chat/messaging application, with probably < 100 employees, is worth $16B, then Tesla Motors, with state-of-the-art, 10-year-in-the-making technology at $25-26B is dirty cheap.. I repeat.. DIRTY CHEAP..

If WhatsApp is valued like that... why not us? why not??

I was just thinking the same thing...

Can someone give some guidance in terms of when they think IV will start to drop tomorrow? I remember reading that it typically happens within the first 1-2 hours. I am trying to figure out what to do with my calls that expire this week and next week, ie. hold for increase in price from possible short squeeze vs. sell to maximize IV. Thanks.

I am super happy about 216 after hours but man that 225 was fun for a while. What will tomorrow bring... lets start the speculation.

Bootload of margin calls I'd assume ;)

- - - Updated - - -

So... Follow on offering next week? How much dikution this time? Will the market swallow it up just like last time?

Considering Elon said that the offering will be necessary to do Gen III in 3 years, but not if the time window is allowed to be wider, then I think this is considered positive news as it does show adding specific value and making vaporware products real. So I'd assume the market takes it in stride or if the dilution is marginal actually as a positive catalyst.

Alright, call ended. The highlight I think will be the next weeks call for gigafactory, any clues as to when it might be next week? It's starting to feel like a 5 part trilogy again :) ER + gigafactory event + NHTSA + 6.0 + ...

I feel the same about a multi-part trilogy idea happening again. There is a lot of great news for 2014 and although some of us expected to hear all of them during the ER conference today, I think a smarter idea (at least what I would do) would be to release the news little at a time to have a smoother rally up in both the company's perceived potential/growth and stock value.

As for the Giga-factory announcement next week, I'm gonna guess during Tesla Tuesday. :biggrin:

I am super happy about 216 after hours but man that 225 was fun for a while. What will tomorrow bring... lets start the speculation.

Just speculating here, but as soon as the call ended the stock went up from the 215's to the 217's. This could mean that some research analysts have put out positive notes and started calling their clients to buy TSLA.

Just speculating, but it is one possibility.

I think delaying the Giga factory announcement is a stroke of genius. It indicates it will happen, keeps everyone anticipating and leaves all the people who are shorts wondering whether to head for the hills now or be swept out potentially by another wave of good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.