Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a few people realized SpaceX isn't just building cheaper rockets, but actually, at the same time, making leaps forward in technology like Elon says. (Partially reversing the effects of the recent FUD machinery.)

Agreed. The realization that Q1ER was good, not bad, and the positive news swirl around another Musk company is the driver. There may be some thought about the upcoming stockholder's meeting but I feel it is very little. Looming at the end of next week is what macro news we will here from Europe.

Only news ticker at that time was from Nissan website shows Toyota, Nissan, Honda and Mitsubishi have entered Nippon Charge Service LLC for promotion of Chargers for Electric vehicles. Hardly a negative, perfect time to pick up some shares.

Sharp tumble from 212 to 208 started around 12:24 today, anyone have an idea of what could have triggered it?

This question gets asked here about once daily, and 99% of the time the answer is "the market."

I really recommend looking at what the market is doing before posting such questions, because all it does is clutter up this thread (as a handful of people give the same answer "the market") and because of it useful posts and links get lost as they get pushed back into oblivion.

This question gets asked here about once daily, and 99% of the time the answer is "the market."

I really recommend looking at what the market is doing before posting such questions, because all it does is clutter up this thread (as a handful of people give the same answer "the market") and because of it useful posts and links get lost as they get pushed back into oblivion.

I admit it wasn't my best contribution to the forum discussions... but it was also the first (and likely last) time I ask that recurring question :wink:

Looks to me like we are forming a nice Bull Flag, as circled in purple. Also note we are getting some support at the midpoint of the green channel. Lots of good hocus-pocus...

Also, I agree on the sentiment that its usually "the market". I always look at the S&P500 to first see if its just a general market move.

otH2Q2Om.png

talks - JUST talks of 2 things:

1. Musk appears to be grooming CTO, JB Straubel to be new $TSLA CEO so that Musk can leave $TSLA to pursue SpaceX full time.2. story on nissan site shows toyota, nissan, honda, mitsubisi jointly promoting EV chargers
brysondad, do you have a link for the first point? I think many believe this to be true, but personally I'm expecting this won't occur until TSLA has had a much greater level of success. Musk has stated many times that he'd like to die on Mars, so I think he will have many years to concentrate on SpaceX (assuming average life span). Turning things over to JB while the Gigafactory and mass adoption of EVs are still very much in the air would seem to be premature and I'm sure Elon knows how the stock would react to this.

brysondad, do you have a link for the first point? I think many believe this to be true, but personally I'm expecting this won't occur until TSLA has had a much greater level of success. Musk has stated many times that he'd like to die on Mars, so I think he will have many years to concentrate on SpaceX (assuming average life span). Turning things over to JB while the Gigafactory and mass adoption of EVs are still very much in the air would seem to be premature and I'm sure Elon knows how the stock would react to this.

Pursing his dream should be the first priority.
TSLA stock price becomes a concern only if Tesla needs to raise more fund to fulfill his vision on renewable energy.
That been said, I surely hope he can stay on as Tesla's CEO as long as possible. He brings in free publicity for Tesla around the world, it is good for TSLA shareholders.

Pursing his dream should be the first priority.
TSLA stock price becomes a concern only if Tesla needs to raise more fund to fulfill his vision on renewable energy.
That been said, I surely hope he can stay on as Tesla's CEO as long as possible. He brings in free publicity for Tesla around the world, it is good for TSLA shareholders.

Elon's compensation plan stipulates production milestones for the Model X, and Gen III. I'm a huge fan of JB Straubel, but it will be a few years before he becomes CEO. IMHO.

Elon has been very consistent on the subject of his tenure as Tesla CEO. The soonest he will evaluate the possibility of stepping down is after the Gen III is on the market.

Elon has been very consistent on the subject of his tenure as Tesla CEO. The soonest he will evaluate the possibility of stepping down is after the Gen III is on the market.

Additionally, Elon is the primary shareholder and has promised to be the last to sell his shares. It stands to reason he would only step down under circumstances that would be beneficial to all shareholders. So I am not at all worried about losing Elon's leadership. In the meantime, I do believe it is beneficial for JB and other executives to become more visible in the media in addition to providing solid day to day management. The more effective the c-team is without the direct intervention of the CEO, the better it is for the whole organization. This will become increasingly important as Tesla grows past the startup phase.

Cadillac dealers are sitting on a two-year supply of ELRs. While this is the attention grabbing headline, this article, http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-27/gms-latest-flop-dealers-stuffed-725-day-supply-tesla-competitor-cadillac-elr, points to something much more serious, widespread channel stuffing across all of GM. Dealer month end inventory is at an all time high. (Meanwhile, Tesla is sold out through September. ) I wonder if we will start to see the stock GM and other automakers take a tumble soon. If so, what might this mean for TSLA? Will it tumble with the auto industry or stand out as an exception, the company with high demand and a backlog?

Cadillac dealers are sitting on a two-year supply of ELRs. While this is the attention grabbing headline, this article, http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-...-725-day-supply-tesla-competitor-cadillac-elr, points to something much more serious, widespread channel stuffing across all of GM. Dealer month end inventory is at an all time high. (Meanwhile, Tesla is sold out through September. ) I wonder if we will start to see the stock GM and other automakers take a tumble soon. If so, what might this mean for TSLA? Will it tumble with the auto industry or stand out as an exception, the company with high demand and a backlog?

GM is in faulty ignition switches crisis. For the time being, it should be counted as an outlier of the auto industry
TSLA, also an outlier of the auto industry, for maybe 5~10+ years, for a totally difference reason
:smile:
The correlation between these two can be safely ignored. I rather watch closely on the tech and overall market

Additionally, Elon is the primary shareholder and has promised to be the last to sell his shares. It stands to reason he would only step down under circumstances that would be beneficial to all shareholders. So I am not at all worried about losing Elon's leadership. In the meantime, I do believe it is beneficial for JB and other executives to become more visible in the media in addition to providing solid day to day management. The more effective the c-team is without the direct intervention of the CEO, the better it is for the whole organization. This will become increasingly important as Tesla grows past the startup phase.

I agree that the other executives become more visible. Getting them involved in the new announcements Telsa makes (Elon would do 50 %of it, and someone else 50% of it) would be a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.