Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But two guys reported 12/3 delivery, need to see if that date holds up?
David_M @CA.US | December 1, 2014 Spoke to DS today. Still set for 12-3 delivery. Wed. cant get here soon enough.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by redox viewpost-right.png
Yes, it got moved earlier to Wednesday 12/3 @ 2pm.

-- Greg

But two guys reported 12/3 delivery, need to see if that date holds up?

Two other persons also reported a push back. One from the 6th to no specified date and the other just mentioned he had been pushed back. It's safe to say that they are running with up to one week of delay on the originally planned delivery schedule for D models. Meanwhile, Dutch reports for deliveries on regular model S's are streaming in at a rate not seen in the last few quarters so I do think we will see quite a bit of activity in Europe for December, likely better than the last two quarters.

There is one problem with this. I write on Seeking Alpha and I recently wrote an article on demand titled "The Truth About Tesla's Demand" which was supposed to refute the arguments that Tesla has little demand left or the demand was slowing down... The Seeking Alpha editors rejected it even after I made the edits that they asked for with the following note, which I felt made it obvious that they were censoring:

Moreover, today's crazy wrong article on Seeking Alpha got a spotlight in the "Breaking News" section, which is supposed to be an impartial reporting of news stories from other parts of the web. I feel that there is an obvious bias there now, which disappoints me because I chose to be an activist about this issue.

In July Yahoo finance stopped linking to SA.
Yahoo Will Discontinue Displaying Seeking Alpha Headlines

Maybe NASDAQ.com should also rethink if they really want to be 'linked' to a site like SA for "NEWS".

FYI:

Investors Buy Tesla Motors on Weakness (TSLA) | WKRB News

"Investors purchased shares of Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) on weakness during trading on Monday,AmericanBankingNews.com reports. $559.04 million flowed into the stock on the tick-up and $534.54 million flowed out of the stock on the tick-down, for a money net flow of $24.50 million into the stock. Of all equities tracked, Tesla Motors had the 9th highest net in-flow for the day. Tesla Motors traded down ($12.88) for the day and closed at $231.64"

Thanks for sharing this but I'm kind of confused by it. Each trade consists of a buyer and a seller, how can there be a different "flow" amount? If they are referring to the trade amounts on upticks versus downticks during the day, but even then that doesn't add up to ~$2B notional (8,619,351 shares traded yesterday). The link they have doesn't work either... am I missing something?

net money flow

Thanks for sharing this but I'm kind of confused by it. Each trade consists of a buyer and a seller, how can there be a different "flow" amount? If they are referring to the trade amounts on upticks versus downticks during the day, but even then that doesn't add up to ~$2B notional (8,619,351 shares traded yesterday). The link they have doesn't work either... am I missing something?

This is called net money flow which by definition is the difference between the money on upticks and the money on downticks. On the raw tape containing all tradings, if a trade is traded at a price lower than the previous trade, it is called downtick. Otherwise, it is called uptick. When uptick happens, it usually means buying pressure is higher, and thus considered as money flowing into the stock.
I agree that this net money flow is not the kind of quantity as its name indicates. But it does reflect some information.
Hope this helps.

This might have a short term effect: http://CEO Ghosn: Nissan Has Affordable 250-Mile Range EV Battery

Host: Is Nissan working on new batteries?
Ghosn: “Yes.”
Host: Can you tell us more?
Ghosn: “No.”
Host: Will the range double?
Host: That means more than 400 kilometers?

Of course they don't really have a 200 kilometer car right now so take it with a grain of LiPF6 :wink:

This might have a short term effect: http://CEO Ghosn: Nissan Has Affordable 250-Mile Range EV Battery

Of course they don't really have a 200 kilometer car right now so take it with a grain of LiPF6 :wink:

The one Japanese automaker I would not bet against as eventually ( about same time as model3 introduction ) offering a similar ranged EV would be Nissan. Management does not seem to be giving just lip service to bringing EVs to market, unlike many other ICE manufacturers.

The one Japanese automaker I would not bet against as eventually ( about same time as model3 introduction ) offering a similar ranged EV would be Nissan. Management does not seem to be giving just lip service to bringing EVs to market, unlike many other ICE manufacturers.
Agreed. I mean, the battery in the LEAF was not exactly amazing for the first three years, but the man was featured in the EV documentary 'Revenge of the Electric Car' so you know he's serious about this.

So let me get this straight... we were up in Germany but down in the US? Very odd, I'd think we trade in lockstep. Like we all know TSLA is new-driven at the moment and I think people are just eyeing execution risk. The delays don't bode well but much of it is due to Tesla management wanting to invest more time up front to frontload "working out the kinks" for massive expansion. Some people reported delays in D delivery and others have it moved up. I suspect this is due to configuration batching to streamline actual manufacturing (for paint and configuration options and what not).

I'm not too sure why some got pushed back and why some got pushed up but I really think this is why. We also know that US deliveries are probably going to go through a massive ramp up in deliveries come next week given the ~3 week lead time for cars in the overseas pipeline.

So let me get this straight... we were up in Germany but down in the US? Very odd, I'd think we trade in lockstep. .....

I think this show that tsla on Nasdaq are under a short attack, trying to push us below 200da? The shorts just don't have the resources to do this in both markets?

Frankfurt turned down to match the nasdaq opening +1.5%.. but did not follow us down In the red.

185 euros so $229.60 ish
The prices will always trade in lockstep otherwise there will be arbitrage opportunities and there are HFT programs written on every stock out there like this to profit on any arbitrage opportunities which will quickly eliminate the arbitrage opportunity before it becomes meaningful (more than a few pennies different after you apply the EUR.USD exchange rate).

the reason TSLA could be up from the previous close on Frankfurt while at the same time down from the previous close on NASDAQ is that the exchanges close at different times of the day.

I highly doubt there there is a coordinated short attack on TSLA's NASDAQ listing given the trading volume, that's going back into serious conspiracy world for that to be true.

Anyway I don't think it is a huge surprise but at least one of the 12/3 deliveries has said they are now told they are delayed. So far the 12/1 delivery was pushed back to 12/8 but who knows what that means. It seems at this point P85Ds are still entering production so whatever it is may not be a big issue and may not affect the total number of deliveries. I just know I'll be feeling better once people start driving them home.
David_M @CA.US | DECEMBER 2, 2014 just received call. delivery tomorrow delayed

Last edited:
Nice to see the low gas prices have not resulted in less EV's being sold. Plug-In Electric Car Sales In Nov: Leaf Grows, Volt Wanes (UPDATED)

Sales of plug-in electric cars continued at a steady pace in November, reflecting continued strong vehicle sales of all types in the U.S. market.

The Nissan Leaf set a new November record at 2,687 cars sold, its 22nd straight month of sales increases year-over-year, while the Chevy Volt delivered 1,336 cars last month.
And while all eyes were on BMW to see if its i3 electric car could maintain the sales level of more than 1,000 i3 electric cars it delivered in August, September, and October, the German company fell short.

Status
Not open for further replies.