Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he mention China in his speech just now?

I see some other pretty bullish comments, hopefully they are also digested -

"Now, I think some degree of success [at Tesla] is assured."

"Musk thinks Tesla can get to "a few million cars a year" by 2025."

Similarly confused here. Firstly this was known earlier today. Secondly, without a reason for the drop in sales does this really justify a 7% hit? It's a fairly small overall proportion of Tesla's sales, it's still a very young market for Tesla, and demand seems to be very strong elsewhere.

I'm more concerned about 'margins in the high 20s'. That suggests a drop from 29.57% in September despite the high proportion of P85Ds.

Did he mention China in his speech just now?

I see some other pretty bullish comments, hopefully they are also digested -

"Now, I think some degree of success [at Tesla] is assured."

"Musk thinks Tesla can get to "a few million cars a year" by 2025."

Not at all from the Verge liveblog of it. I think the WSJ finally picked up that part in the Bloomberg story from this morning and now CNBC is running it. The timing of this is very odd if not suspicious.

I guess they missed the part where he said a few million vehicles annually by 2025?

I can say with a fair amount of confidence the comment about demand in China is BS. This would only matter if Tesla wasn't production constrained. My guess is sales might be lower than expected in China, but overall sales and gross margins beat expectations.

Looks like s coordinated effort as soon as Elon was scheduled to take the stage. The China news came out earlier in the day in a Bloomberg article I believe, and now it looks like it's being spun

9f7b0491b9f953385042c2a88c8c5cf7.jpg

wtf. Shady indeed

For those who don't subscribe, follow the WSJ link from this Google search, you will be able to read it.
Elon Musk in WSJ said:
Our sales in China are not very high,” Mr. Musk said before addressing an automotive conference in Detroit. “It started off being fairly strong. I think there was an initial wave of buyers and the demand has declined significantly in the fourth quarter of last year. In the fourth quarter of last year China was not a significant contributor to our sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.