Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he say Tesla wasn't going to form any partnerships in general or partnerships where Tesla produces power trains for another company?

"We're not ACTIVELY seeking any partnerships."
This could mean Tesla already has plenty of partners lined up.

Beat revised 2014 guidance of 33,000 significantly. Brought forward revised Model X launch by one if not two quaters. (Another) scurrilous media assault to coincide with NAIS presentation be damned.
I am just going to go out and drink and wait for real news. Someone please write a step by step of what happened when all things are said and done.

Beat revised 2014 guidance of 33,000 significantly.

Brought forward revised Model X launch by one if not two quaters.

(Another) scurrilous media assault to coincide with NAIS presentation be damned.

Was that a direct quote on Q4 guidance. The previous post regarding "sold far more than 33k" could be taken both ways, one being they didn't meet 33k and he was trying to soften the blow by stating they sold more. May get some more shares at a discount tomorrow.

Beat revised 2014 guidance of 33,000 significantly.

That was not confirmed based of the transcripts I'm seeing (emphasis mine):

"Our aspiration was to deliver 33,000 cars last year. We sold, in terms of cars, far more than that."

There are several reasons cars sold would differ from cars delivered (eg. bulk China sales, discrepancy of in-transit vehicles at last year's end compared to this year) so i would not recommend treating this as any confirmation of a guidance beat.

now backtracking on 30% battery cost reduction? What by 2020???? WTF?
Elon Musk says he's "absolutely certain" Tesla can achieve a 30% battery cost reduction by 2020 and continue improvements after that.

Musk: "Our aspiration was to deliver 33,000 cars" last year. "We sold, in terms of cars, far more than that." (The Verge)

I'm thinking they narrowly missed the 33,000 number in terms of new sales (as various people on this board have projected). But he may be saying that they sold "far more than" 33,000 if you include the traded-in Model S's when people started upgrading to P85D. The slightly lower "high 20s" gross margin may be because the margin on the used cars is not as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.