Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree--I'm stoked that he confirmed summer. Just trying to walk Julian back from the ledge. :)

Just why the hell are the markets reacting the way they are?
This is an important piece of news that tells us something about Tesla's competence and ability to produce the product they're selling in a timely fashion (I know it's been delayed before, but they ARE now on track with the current official deadline), while the declining sales in China is something that is influenced by so many things out of Tesla's control and by things that most people can surely see will change with time. The China news was also already known earlier and speculation over weak China sales had been rife for a while now.

So: Why on earth does the China news send the stock plummeting while the Model X news is totally ignored?

Last edited:
This is an important piece of news that tells us something about Tesla's competence and ability to produce the product they're selling in a timely fashion (I know it's been delayed before, but they ARE now on track with the current official deadline), while the declining sales in China is something that is influenced by so many things out of Tesla's control and by things that most people can surely see will change with time. The China news was also already known earlier and speculation over weak China sales had been rife for a while now.

So: Why on earth does the China news send the stock plummeting while the Model X news is totally ignored?
Market may attribute China news as a new challenge and think Tesla will lower 2015 projection.

I don't think there was any new Model X news. It was said before and confirmed now of Q3 release.

I really think a lot of this is a well timed effort to drive the price down in coordination with a bunch of news articles more than anything. And since you can't watch what is going on and have to rely on someone else telling you the "news" (worst way to get news... ugh) think it is having a larger affect on the shareprice. I am still mildly optimistic about Q4

Market may attribute China news as a new challenge and think Tesla will lower 2015 projection.

I don't think there was any new Model X news. It was said before and confirmed now of Q3 release.

I see confirming a production date as news when that date had been called into question. It should at least give confidence.
They most likely will lower 2015 projection, but unless there's info that suggests the reduced demand (assuming that is the reason for lower deliveries) was A: real, rather than perceived because of the inflated view of demand due to the Veronica Wu situation, and B: caused by some underlying fact that will make China a tough market for Tesla for years and years to come, I don't see it as that big a long term concern.

I understand the stock would fall on such news, but 7% or more seems highly disproportionate.

2be66e89-5292-4ee8-bd6c-06bdbc5248ea.jpg

You know what really upsets me about this photo? I see a video camera and haven't a clue where or if it is broadcasting... grumble grumble...

- - - Updated - - -

It is 2014 for crying out loud! You can livestream from your phone! What gives!

I know that's bs because if he actually believed that it would still be a private company.

I'm sure they went public because they practically had to... they were pretty desperate in 2010 (even though the really bad times were over... it was not a rose garden to be in the company at that point.)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, must have been counseled... totally backtracking on China now... lol

"Musk says the company is seeing an uptick in sales in China, but fourth quarter was an aberration." - freep.com

Whatever that may mean. How are they properly assessing the demand development in China? Doesn't Wu-gate skew all the numbers?

Also does anyone know if this questions was answered? : Here is a good question: "A lot of people already have a reservation for the Tesla Model X. In which month of 2015 will these people be able to configure their Tesla Model X, and change their reservation into an order?"

Status
Not open for further replies.