Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.....Disclaimer: Don't do what I do.....But since nothing has hit the 'wire', just bought Oct 2nd and 9th 270s.......hoping for more of a spike as people digest VW/ICE/reveal party/delivery for Q3 release.

Sold most of my protective mid term puts that I used as insurance for FED and no Founders Series delivery event.
Bought a tiny little set of short term gamble calls, could not resist;)
I expect both Emissions-gate and Founders Series delivery event to last multiple days!
And tides seem to be rising after FED meeting last week.

Media still has no clue about delivery event.
Still reporting about Apple car, self driving car, new 500mile battery break through, an other chinese EV to kill Tesla car, Porsche mission vision to kill Tesla car, bad programmed bots?!

And here is $270, folks:)
Yea.

BTW sorry, doggusfluffy, was difficult to see this coming, cash is cash!

Last edited:
Kicking myself for not picking up some $270 Sep Calls back during that wacky Monday in late August, my options appetite has been considerably tempered sine the days of 2013, but that was the day for action. Sigh.

I am however quite pleased with the share performance.

sold my last calls just a few minutes ago (had put a sell order in earlier and wanted to raise it a bit but was too slow, owell), now im stuck with only some protective puts i bought last week. not sure what my next move is.... hate to be that guy to want a drop in SP, but i wont complain if it happens....

27892dda3e9b0985a58622a5550558e92463e225a0ea9255a136f73385ecf64c.jpg

sold my last calls just a few minutes ago (had put a sell order in earlier and wanted to raise it a bit but was too slow, owell), now im stuck with only some protective puts i bought last week. not sure what my next move is.... hate to be that guy to want a drop in SP, but i wont complain if it happens....

Bobbyducati, always buy options with some extra time so that you can recover a short term dip or spike.
Everything too short term is very close to gambling and not investing with a stock like TSLA.

Ok this Exhaust/Emmissions-gate is escalating even more quickly than I thought, here is the beginning of an explosion:

1. VW CEO Martin Winterkorn ordered to the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure by it's German Minister Alexander Dobrint to explain details about Exhaust/Emmissions-gate!

2. German Minister of Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy Sigmar Gabriel who has invited Elon Musk to a talk called "Future Economy" for the day after tomorrow (Wedneseday at lunch time) currently in the media talking about Exhaust/Emmissions-gate.

Reference for both the above (sorry, video currently only available in German link).

This is top level German Government people talking in the media about this issue right now!

VW board meeting scheduled for Friday.

IMO we could see 68 year old CEO Martin Winterkorn to quit his position during the next days because of this Exhaust/Emmissions-gate.
We will see.

Last edited:
Bobbyducati, always buy options with some extra time so that you can recover a short term dip or spike.
Everything too short term is very close to gambling and not investing with a stock like TSLA.

EV: thanks for the reply, the puts i have are for oct 30 so they have quite a bit of time, i like to buy no closer than 1 month out, 2 if its available. but my traditional straddle technique ive been working with (which has worked very well for me overall), is taking a hit as we havent really had much negative SP action of late.

EV: thanks for the reply, the puts i have are for oct 30 so they have quite a bit of time, i like to buy no closer than 1 month out, 2 if its available. but my traditional straddle technique ive been working with (which has worked very well for me overall), is taking a hit as we havent really had much negative SP action of late.

One month is pretty close.
Three or four month reduce risk a bit.

LoL, should've listened to my own diarrhea infested gut. Moved my 50k into investment account too late.

I might be the least sophisticated investor on this board. I put a windfall in TSLA at the beginning of the year and have added round lots at regular interval ever since - dollar cost average on blind faith. Absolutely no strategy other than hold it for an indefinite period of 3-7 years. But if I were trading instead of investing, I'd definitely be hedging every long position. It's a very volatile stock in most short term periods.

- - - Updated - - -

Still trying to wrap my head around $18B for VW but Boehringer Ingelheim only paid out $650M for the Pradaxa lawsuits. Some solace it works out to $650K for each life shortened versus $37.5K per vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.