Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it current thinking of test-deceiving software would be limited to diesel engines? The identical problems afflict gasoline engines, too. The combustion products differ, and it is a greater challenge with diesel, but the overall situation is the same: demonstrate that your engine can produce X performance with Y emissions output. And VW has demonstrated that the most efficient way to achieve that goal is....to cheat.

Why is it current thinking of test-deceiving software would be limited to diesel engines? The identical problems afflict gasoline engines, too. The combustion products differ, and it is a greater challenge with diesel, but the overall situation is the same: demonstrate that your engine can produce X performance with Y emissions output. And VW has demonstrated that the most efficient way to achieve that goal is....to cheat.
In an unsure world, at least Tesla won't get dragged into this 'ICE-capades' scandal. I really hope the stock doesn't suffer due to macro events...again.

The inspection sticker guy didn't even DO the emissions test on my model S. Should I be concerned?

Inspection gate is going to be one of those SHTF moment that everyone realizes too late. The question is, will the government be willing to see the automakers go bankrupt and risk all the tax paying workers. In Germany, no. In USA, they will want to eliminate European competitors.

So, Apple finally threw a hat into the ring; only a year after BMW, VAG (VW, Audi, Porsche, Seat, Skoda etc) and sundry, and only a few years after Tesla M3.
Whoopee.
Glad I could collect some money on shares today that I tried to sell a year ago, to consolidate into a better account. Alas, not flush with cash just yet or consolidation would be expedited.

I love how the market has such a quick and negative reaction to more evidence that everybody else is simply playing catchup with Tesla. Everybody aiming to maybe get an EV out by 2019. Glad whoever made caused that nosedive sold off their shares.

Yeah c'mon - anyone selling on this piece of news must be a bloody idiot. This means more than ever that EVs are the future. 2019 is in 4 years!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.