Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow it's really eeking up past $265 on lowish volume. I hope we close solidly above $265 today. Some traders and bot who trade on technicals care a lot more about close than intraday highs. I'm going away on holiday for two weeks to Spain tomorrow so I won't be trading anyhow.

Wow it's really eeking up past $265 on lowish volume. I hope we close solidly above $265 today. Some traders and bot who trade on technicals care a lot more about close than intraday highs. I'm going away on holiday for two weeks to Spain tomorrow so I won't be trading anyhow.

Given that the rally got shut down hard at 265.9899, I'd say it will take some firepower to make 266.

Hogfighter, can you grab another $300K worth please?

Man, this is like watching an elite marathon race where everyone just chugs along at a nice pace waiting for the right time to attack and head for the sprint to the finish.

Good analogy. I was thinking trench warfare, where every hundred yards is fought back and forth with great effort.

Someday, when we're all sitting around sipping brandy at a Teslanaire's convention, we'll refer to today as the battle to retake 265.

Last edited:
Wall Street Journal picked up on Tesla having bought considerably more land in Nevada this spring.

What I found most relevant from the article:

"The majority of the land—1,863 acres—is buffer land, on which Tesla won’t build structures but could place solar arrays to provide power to the plant, a spokeswoman said. The remaining 110 acres is for industrial purposes, though Tesla says it hasn’t planned to expand beyond its original footprint yet.",

"The nearly 3,000-acre site takes up about 2% of Storey County’s land area and dwarfs most factory locations. The Tesla spokeswoman says the company has options to purchase several thousand more acres as well."

and,

"The battery factory will begin producing cells at the end of 2016"

The WSJ has quite a track record of making misleading statements regarding Tesla, so I think it's worth considering the possibility that the "buffer land" statement is not accurate. As to the GF producing cells in by the end of 2016... I'm wondering if it is already understood that they will be making cells at the GF about 6 months before they produce battery packs.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/teslas-land-holdings-in-nevada-nearly-triples-1436908368

you should be able to google the title of the article and access it for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.