Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This weekend's action:
1) Musk's photo showing the 2nd production line
2) The video showing another model X which looks production ready
3) Bonnie's update that was redacted

Looks like a string of breadcrumbs to me... Not sure how long the trail that leads to the X reveal is but it feels like those 3 combined have investors excited. And the market likes it; this is my take on today's TSLA action so far.

This weekend's action:
1) Musk's photo showing the 2nd production line
2) The video showing another model X which looks production ready
3) Bonnie's update that was redacted

Looks like a string of breadcrumbs to me... Not sure how long the trail that leads to the X reveal is but it feels like those 3 combined have investors excited. And the market likes it; this is my take on today's TSLA action so far.

What was the Bonnie's redacted update? Missed that one.

To those wondering why we are moving up....

My three cents are:
- Model X is imminent.
- oil is going up
- And a lot of people think like Bob Lutz......

"if elon says 'I now control the global supply of lithium' then there is a chance that he now has a competitive advantage".
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/06/08/dont-buy-into-teslas-battery-biz-bob-lutz.html

With today's announcement we are on a very different scale but this is addressing one big bear argument and building up strength.

To those wondering why we are moving up....

My three cents are:
- Model X is imminent.
- oil is going up
- And a lot of people think like Bob Lutz......

"if elon says 'I now control the global supply of lithium' then there is a chance that he now has a competitive advantage".
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/06/08/dont-buy-into-teslas-battery-biz-bob-lutz.html

With today's announcement we are on a very different scale but this is addressing one big bear argument and building up strength.

what announcement?

The rumor that Tesla and Apple are secretly working together, is beginning to seem plausible. Perhaps the Apple event will include the announcement of a partnership. Any engineers know if it would make sense to use liquid metal, instead of aluminum for a significant portion of the Model X? This would explain why the Model X would only use 30% of the same parts as the Model S.

Had a wonderful dinner tonight with my 79 year old father. Succeeded in getting him to come out for dinner with my brother, all the wives and my children. He's confined to a wheelchair and among other maladies he has advanced Parkinson's. But he has occasional days of lucidity and today was one of them.

He surprised me by not only knowing about Musk and the Model S but also understanding what I was into with TSLA. "You better hang on tight when you're riding a rocket. Might go to the moon, might fall out of the sky. Just keep putting in the same amount at the same interval. Don't be scared. Supposed to go up and down. If the story didn't change, your reason for owning didn't either. Be patient."

That's my advice from a senile old man living out his final days on the Great Lakes. Keep dollar cost averaging, and hold on tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.